BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Dragon's Tail Empty Dragon's Tail Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:30 pm

Bruce

Bruce
Silver member
Silver member
Has anyone done the Dragon's Tail? Sounds like a heck of a ride, definitely on the bucket list!!! 318 curves in 11 miles.

http://www.tailofthedragon.com/

2Back to top Go down   Dragon's Tail Empty Re: Dragon's Tail Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:13 pm

blackbetty1600

blackbetty1600
did it in 2003 hell of a ride on a road star Dragon's Tail Icon_cheers

3Back to top Go down   Dragon's Tail Empty Re: Dragon's Tail Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:52 pm

In 1997(?) I drove it in a Subaru wagon w/trailer on the way to working at the BMWRA rally at Fontana, then ditched the car and rode it a few times over the long weekend. A really good road with too many idiot squids and too many slow-as Harleys, and then there's the local constabulary to deal with.
For the Aussies - think of it as a longer Black Spur with ten times the traffic on a weekend. But not-to-be-missed for twisties and excitement at every bend on a quiet weekday!

4Back to top Go down   Dragon's Tail Empty Re: Dragon's Tail Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:38 am

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
"too many idiot squids"

SQUID: Stupidly Quick Underdressed Imminently Dead

Love that description!

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

5Back to top Go down   Dragon's Tail Empty Re: Dragon's Tail Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:24 am

Have a proper squiz at urban dictionary's squid definition. We are obligated to share our sources and resources!

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=squid

I never knew when I was living over there why Yanks call 'sport' bike riders squids, only that they do, and it's not meant well, usually. Dragon's Tail Icon_wink

6Back to top Go down   Dragon's Tail Empty Re: Dragon's Tail Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:03 am

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Well, I stand corrected.

I rather do like the "squirly kid" definition better.

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

7Back to top Go down   Dragon's Tail Empty Re: Dragon's Tail Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:19 am

phil_mars

Life time member
Life time member
I have a feeling there is another unpleasant definition where it is a phrase coined by emergency service workers attending a particularly graphic motorcycle accident.

So on that pleasant note.......

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum