BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Fuel Pump and engine run problem Empty Fuel Pump and engine run problem Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:28 am

Snapthor

Snapthor
my fuel pump keep running without stopping cause engine flood. I 'm able to start my k100 for a min. or so and thenwent off. I assuming that this cause by fuel pump relay malfunction or the pump itself. Any suggestion or tips on how to solve this issue?

Remarks: would be nice if anybody can show me what fuel pump relay model and picture ?

2Back to top Go down   Fuel Pump and engine run problem Empty Re: Fuel Pump and engine run problem Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:34 am

Laitch

Laitch
Life time member
Life time member
You need to tell us about your moto, Snapthor. What is its year of manufacture and what model is it? How long have you owned it. How many miles are on the odometer? How many miles have you ridden it? Has it ever run well since you have owned it?

Click on the Profile tab when you are logged in and then your moto's year and model in the Signature box—so it will show up along with every post you make.

Last edited by Laitch on Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:45 am; edited 1 time in total

3Back to top Go down   Fuel Pump and engine run problem Empty Re: Fuel Pump and engine run problem Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:40 pm

Point-Seven-five

Point-Seven-five
Life time member
Life time member
The pump is supposed to run as long as the engine is running.  Do you mean it keeps running after you shut the engine off? 

If the engine is flooding when it's running, you may have a faulty temperature sensor or the pressure regulator is not controlling the pressure correctly. 

If it floods because the pump keeps running, you may have a problem with the wiring or the fuel pump relay.

Past:
1994 K75RT "Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS"
1988 K100RS SE "Special Ed"
1994 K75S "Cheetos"
1992 K100RS "Moby Brick" R.I.P.
1982 Honda FT500
1979 Honda XR185
1977 Honda XL125
1974 Honda XL125
1972 OSSA Pioneer 250
1968 Kawasaki 175

4Back to top Go down   Fuel Pump and engine run problem Empty Re: Fuel Pump and engine run problem Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:25 am

Snapthor

Snapthor
Laitch wrote:You need to tell us about your moto, Snapthor. What is its year of manufacture and what model is it? How long have you owned it. How many miles are on the odometer? How many miles have you ridden it? Has it ever run well since you have owned it?

Click on the Profile tab when you are logged in and then your moto's year and model in the bike* box—like the rider in the example below has done—so it will show up along with every post you make.
Fuel Pump and engine run problem Screen21
Thanks , i add it in.  I happened to find the problem. And it was wrong relay wiring which i used a normal relay produced locally and not by BMW or made in Germany.  It looks similar but the power diagram is different. so it cause by fuel pump to run once i turn switch on without starting the engine.

5Back to top Go down   Fuel Pump and engine run problem Empty Re: Fuel Pump and engine run problem Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:26 am

Snapthor

Snapthor
Point-Seven-five wrote:The pump is supposed to run as long as the engine is running.  Do you mean it keeps running after you shut the engine off? 

If the engine is flooding when it's running, you may have a faulty temperature sensor or the pressure regulator is not controlling the pressure correctly. 

If it floods because the pump keeps running, you may have a problem with the wiring or the fuel pump relay.
Thanks , i was the wring relay wiring.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum