BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Sight Glass Replacement. Empty Sight Glass Replacement. Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:10 am

Ajays

Ajays
Life time member
Life time member
How many of us have lost the clearness of the oil sight glass. To replace it go here.
http://www.ibmwr.org/ktech/sight-glass1.shtml
Ajays

2Back to top Go down   Sight Glass Replacement. Empty Re: Sight Glass Replacement. Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:29 am

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Good article Ajays.

As I have mentioned here before, I thought my sight glass was dirty, but I was simply overfilling with oil, even though I was using the amount specified by the manual.

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

3Back to top Go down   Sight Glass Replacement. Empty Re: Sight Glass Replacement. Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:41 am

Ajays

Ajays
Life time member
Life time member
Lots of us have done this and got an oil leak sometimes covering the rear wheel......Always use the sight glass when filling/refilling never the manual.
Ajays

AJAYS

4Back to top Go down   Sight Glass Replacement. Empty Re: Sight Glass Replacement. Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:53 pm

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
Just about at the point where I get to put fluids back in the ol girl and try and start her. Thanks for the tip Ajays!

5Back to top Go down   Sight Glass Replacement. Empty Re: Sight Glass Replacement. Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:09 am

abbocath

abbocath
Silver member
Silver member
Hi to everyone,

Afetr reading this article, i will substitute my sight glass because it is very dark.

Please tell me one thing!

After we take off the old one and for put the new one we just have to push it? And its done? we don´t have to use seals or something to fixed it?

Thank you very much

regards,

Good Curves

6Back to top Go down   Sight Glass Replacement. Empty Re: Sight Glass Replacement. Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:31 am

Ajays

Ajays
Life time member
Life time member
Hi,
Make sure it is clean and refit without sealant although a little smear would do no harm I suppose. There is no internal pressure there to blow it out.
That is what I did and I have had no problems......only from the wife....!
Keep smiling Ajays

AJAYS

7Back to top Go down   Sight Glass Replacement. Empty Re: Sight Glass Replacement. Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:57 am

abbocath

abbocath
Silver member
Silver member
Thank you Ajays,

I will done it!

Probably i will have the same problems that you have...with my wife... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Good Curves

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum