BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Motoscope pro Empty Motoscope pro Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:29 pm

K100uk

K100uk
Hi I'm just wondering if anyone has some information on fitting a motoscope pro in conjunction with a maru labs bep3.0 unit? Is it possible at all?
From what I hear there's difficulty getting the speed etc to show?
If anyone has any details that would be great I'm struggling finding many answers I need. I see you can buy breakout box's for the motoscope but this doesn't cover all the inputs you need.
Many thanks

2Back to top Go down   Motoscope pro Empty Re: Motoscope pro Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:18 am

Maecky

Maecky
Following...

3Back to top Go down   Motoscope pro Empty Re: Motoscope pro Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:36 pm

mjones866

mjones866
Yes, it's possible! I installed the BEP 3.0 and Motoscope Pro + Breakout Box B. I did this on my current 93 K1100 LT project. It might vary across K models though. For me, the speedo was the easy one. It was practially plug and play. It was then just a matter of calibrating the wheel circumference per the instructions. The speed readout was spot on as I was able to test with one illuminated speed signs that displays your current speed as you pass them on the road. I do plan on performing a total custom rewire of the bike at some point. I feel like the BEP might be just a kind of quick fix for now just to keep things going until I get to the rewire stage. It might not be needed at the end, but I'll figure that one out when I get there.

I had trouble with the tach. I purchased the Motogadget RPM sensor (https://motogadget.com/shop/en/accessories/sensors.html?___store=en/) in order to pickup a good signal. I'll eventually revisit to lessen the additional sensor and clean things up a bit. Another issue I'm experiencing is that it seems that it seems the coolant temp is reading far too high. I'm using the stock sensor at the moment. I'll be experimenting to verify.

As for the fuel gauge I needed to perform surgery. That is to say removal of the fuel sender assembly out of the tank, flip the board that is wrapped in a wire that a armature sweeps across and use fine grit sand paper to remove the coating. This process makes the stock fuel sensor compatible with modern digital fuel gauges. Trust me, it's a lot easier than it sounds. Here's the post on this forum: https://www.k100-forum.com/t9265-messing-with-the-in-tank-fuel-sender

But with the speedo, tach and fuel gauge working, I called it good enough to take on the road. The additional readouts I can add and adjust later.

4Back to top Go down   Motoscope pro Empty Re: Motoscope pro Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:43 pm

K100uk

K100uk
Wow thanks for this info keep me updated I will be attempting this in the next few weeks myself

5Back to top Go down   Motoscope pro Empty Re: Motoscope pro Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:12 pm

mjones866

mjones866
No problem! Happy to have a community such as this. I have gained a ton of knowledge through these forums, so I'm happy to return the favor. Trying not to hijack the topic, I'm actually in the midst of a another area of the project. Finished off the rear hoop with an inlaid LED taillight/turn signal combo. Putting the final touches on the custom fiberglass seat pan to hand it off to the upholster. Hopefully this week!

Motoscope pro IMG-0814
Motoscope pro IMG-1107
Motoscope pro IMG-8769

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum