BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Sidecar Frame And attachments   Empty Sidecar Frame And attachments Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:10 pm

Chevro

Chevro
I have recently acquired a home built sidecar which is very well made and have thoughts of fitting it to my 1996 K1100LT
I have seen some very interesting articles in some of the post from various members , I am seeking assistance with making a new frame or modifying the existing sidecar frame to suit ,I am also seeking photos diagrams / plans on fabricating  the various brackets and arms needed to attach the sidecar to the bike 
I have a very well set up workshop and engineering qualifications  which may assist me 
Also if any members has any brackets etc no longer needed if they could let me know
I also wish I was closer to you people

Chevro

I have

2Back to top Go down   Sidecar Frame And attachments   Empty Re: Sidecar Frame And attachments Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:02 am

tinyspuds

tinyspuds
Life time member
Life time member
Hi Chevro welcome,
Can’t think of a better starting point than these two books. The second is purely build technical and may be all you need if already familiar with driving a chair.
Before worrying about the side car you are going to need a sub-frame on the bike, this book (and us) can help a lot.
The author owned a UK based sidecar company and knows his stuff.
Stu

http://www.threewheelsbetter.uk/shop.html

2000 Hayabusa with Charnwood chair, Wasp forks and EZS wheels.

3Back to top Go down   Sidecar Frame And attachments   Empty Re: Sidecar Frame And attachments Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:26 am

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
Thanks Stu. I nearly needed a new keyboard when I read the author's name. Rod sold up and pissed off to Bulgaria after the Brexit vote - Adge now has the Motopod molds. He says they're in too poor condition to be reused. We still have the odd contact with Rod.

1978 Moto Guzzi 850-T3, 1979 Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California,1993 Moto Guzzi 1100ie California
2020 Royal Enfield Bullet 500

4Back to top Go down   Sidecar Frame And attachments   Empty Re: Sidecar Frame And attachments Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:54 am

tinyspuds

tinyspuds
Life time member
Life time member
Shame about the molds Dai, I really liked the motopods. Books very good for the new builder. 
You all set for Dragon? Got my new clutch and rear main seal in and tranny back on today. Spline lube done. Eastern beaver H4 and PC8 fusebox looms still to go, so it's either going to be great or another last minute heart stopper 🤞

2000 Hayabusa with Charnwood chair, Wasp forks and EZS wheels.

5Back to top Go down   Sidecar Frame And attachments   Empty Re: Sidecar Frame And attachments Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:59 pm

Rockman

Life time member
Life time member
Just for your info there is a bloke in Tamworth who does the engineering checks for rego in NSW. Signative(?) Engineering. Might be worth talking to Stuart there before you get too far into this project so you dont end up doing things twice.

6Back to top Go down   Sidecar Frame And attachments   Empty Re: Sidecar Frame And attachments Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:08 pm

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
tinyspuds wrote: You all set for Dragon? Got my new clutch and rear main seal in and tranny back on today. Spline lube done. Eastern beaver H4 and PC8 fusebox looms still to go, so it's either going to be great or another last minute heart stopper 🤞
Ticket number 0065... Very Happy

1978 Moto Guzzi 850-T3, 1979 Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California,1993 Moto Guzzi 1100ie California
2020 Royal Enfield Bullet 500

7Back to top Go down   Sidecar Frame And attachments   Empty Re: Sidecar Frame And attachments Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:19 pm

Packo

Packo
Silver member
Silver member

83 K100 HRD Outfit
1992 K1100 Outfit
2003 R1150 GSA Outfit
1983 K100 Basic

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum