BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Rear Master Cylinder Empty Rear Master Cylinder Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:12 am

larrikin

larrikin
Life time member
Life time member
I'm lookingf for a rear master cylinder for mt K100RS 1988 model.

Does any know if a master cylinder from an 85 model will fit?

It increases my paranoia
Like lookin' at my mirror and seein' a police car

2Back to top Go down   Rear Master Cylinder Empty Re: Rear Master Cylinder Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:48 am

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
I've been running a $15.00 Au Chicom master cylinder since early 2017 with good results. Depending on the set up on your Brick you may have to get a hose made. They now come in black and I bought a second one as a spare.
See http://www.motobrick.com/index.php/topic,9364.msg116179.html#msg116179
Regards Martin.

3Back to top Go down   Rear Master Cylinder Empty Re: Rear Master Cylinder Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:17 am

Suzi Q

Suzi Q
Life time member
Life time member
The bore size changed a few years into production. I don't think anything else did and the change was just to improve the feel of the brake.

I find that the Motorworks website is (unintentionally!) useful for checking compatibility over different models and years. Wink

4Back to top Go down   Rear Master Cylinder Empty Re: Rear Master Cylinder Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:47 am

larrikin

larrikin
Life time member
Life time member
Thanks for the info

It increases my paranoia
Like lookin' at my mirror and seein' a police car

5Back to top Go down   Rear Master Cylinder Empty Re: Rear Master Cylinder Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:07 am

tinyspuds

tinyspuds
Life time member
Life time member
I have been running a Chinese one too for about 3000 miles very pleased with performance and price. Doesn’t take much to retrofit.

2000 Hayabusa with Charnwood chair, Wasp forks and EZS wheels.

6Back to top Go down   Rear Master Cylinder Empty Re: Rear Master Cylinder Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:24 am

Point-Seven-five

Point-Seven-five
Life time member
Life time member
I've installed three, or maybe it's four, of the ChiCom master cylinders on my bikes over the past 3 years and put a total of well over 20,000 absolutely trouble free miles. 

Putting one on my K75RT actually made it possible for the rear brake to actually slow down the bike!!!

Past:
1994 K75RT "Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS"
1988 K100RS SE "Special Ed"
1994 K75S "Cheetos"
1992 K100RS "Moby Brick" R.I.P.
1982 Honda FT500
1979 Honda XR185
1977 Honda XL125
1974 Honda XL125
1972 OSSA Pioneer 250
1968 Kawasaki 175

7Back to top Go down   Rear Master Cylinder Empty Re: Rear Master Cylinder Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:51 pm

gravelsandwich

gravelsandwich
I've just installed this Chinese rear cylinder. 

Rear Master Cylinder Rs111

Rear Master Cylinder Rs310

8Back to top Go down   Rear Master Cylinder Empty Re: Rear Master Cylinder Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:05 pm

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
It looks like you have used the reservoir supply hose that came with the master cylinder. Mine failed dramatically. I went to my local brake guy to get another piece of brake fluid rated hose. I showed him the failed hose and he said it looks like vacuum hose.
Regards Martin.
Rear Master Cylinder Reserv18
Rear Master Cylinder Reserv19

9Back to top Go down   Rear Master Cylinder Empty Re: Rear Master Cylinder Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:51 am

gravelsandwich

gravelsandwich
Yes it is the hose supplied. Thanks for the tip Martin, I'll replace it. I haven't had a chance to test it yet, I'm waiting on a banjo hose end adapter to complete the install. Cheers Liam.

10Back to top Go down   Rear Master Cylinder Empty Re: Rear Master Cylinder Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:05 am

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
I came very close to a disaster, I was about to go on a long trip and was doing a final check. I noticed a wet look to the reservoir hose so I decided to give it a wipe with a white rag. I just touched it very gently and the hose disintegrated and dumped brake fluid over the garage floor. If I had gone on the ride I possibly wouldn't have finished it as fluid would have ended up on my rear tyre. It pays to check and maintain your Brick.
Regards Martin.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum