BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Custom BMW R12 Replica Bicycle for sale Empty Custom BMW R12 Replica Bicycle for sale on Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:22 pm

Bikesmith

Bikesmith
Silver member
Silver member
Hey Guys!
   Are any of you interested in older BMWs and bicycles? I build custom bicycles and I just finished this replica of a 1935 R12.
Image 1
Image 2
Image 3
Image 4
Image 5

I built it for myself but my storage situation has changed since I started it, so I need to let it go. I'd prefer to sell locally (Boulder, Colorado), but if somebody elsewhere really wants it I'm willing to work with you to get it there.

It is fully functional and ridable. It actually rides really nicely. Tubing is 18ga 4130, Sheet metal is 24ga mild steel, so the bike is lighter than it looks. Only about 30 pounds. Do keep in mind, though, that it's primarily ridable art. It's not your daily commuter and you're not going to win the Tour de France on it. It has a rack, but you don't, you know, put stuff on it. The bike is made to look cool. That's it.

Fit is fairly flexible. Unless you're super short or tall it should fit fine. I sized it to fit myself and I'm 5' 10". Anywhere between 5' 2" and 6' 3" should be pretty comfortable on it.

I'd like to get $2500 for it, which I think is a pretty fair price considering the time and materials I have into it, but I'm open to offers. Maybe a trade for a motorcycle? Having this bike end up in the hands of someone who will really love it is as important to me as the money and clearing space in my shop, so let me know if you're interested.
   -Jon

1985 BMW K100rs
1940 Royal Enfield WD/CO
1968 Honda CL125

AtLarge

AtLarge
Nice work Jon!

Condition:  Used, well

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
It's pretty, that! Very Happy

2020 Royal Enfield Bullet 500

Woodie

Woodie
Life time member
Life time member
Very cool bike indeed!  I say try and get in touch with Peter Nettesheim.  Don't know how you would do that but I think he needs that bicycle to put next to his R12.

Bikesmith

Bikesmith
Silver member
Silver member
Thanks! I appreciate the compliments!

1985 BMW K100rs
1940 Royal Enfield WD/CO
1968 Honda CL125

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum