BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Introduction Empty Introduction Fri 03 Jul 2020, 14:03

jotavtech

jotavtech
Hi Everyone. Nice to be here. Just bought a 1987 K100RT here on Maui. In the process of "rebuilding" as corrosion is such an issue. Gas tank leaks. Fuel pump wires have been connected the wrong way, so even though there's continuity through the assembly power is not actually going to the fuel pump. Or might have to check the ICM. Or FCM. Fuel injection rail has come out and is about to be ultrasonic cleaned along with the injectors. Otherwise a thorough power wash and double checking of everything before putting alternative headlight, tail light, turn signals, and a single seat on the frame to get to a sort of grunge-cafe-racer style bike.

Can't wait to ride...
Aloha,
Jonas

2Back to top Go down   Introduction Empty Introduction Fri 03 Jul 2020, 15:08

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Hi Jonas
welcome from an envious Aussie.
Power washing has proven to be a bit disastrous in the past for electrics especially. Be a bit careful where you aim.
Good luck with everything.
RT (Bob)

3Back to top Go down   Introduction Empty Re: Introduction Fri 03 Jul 2020, 22:57

jotavtech

jotavtech
RT wrote:Hi Jonas
welcome from an envious Aussie.
Power washing has proven to be a bit disastrous in the past for electrics especially. Be a bit careful where you aim.
Good luck with everything.
RT (Bob)
Thanks RT!! Yes, must be careful with aim. Things are moving positively however ...

4Back to top Go down   Introduction Empty Re: Introduction Sat 04 Jul 2020, 00:43

Arlina

Arlina
Welcome Jonas Smile

5Back to top Go down   Introduction Empty Re: Introduction Sat 04 Jul 2020, 05:03

Point-Seven-five

Point-Seven-five
Life time member
Life time member
Rather than mess up the critical stuff with a power washer, get some S100 Cycle Cleaner(the Hardley Dangerous dealers sell it) and use that with a gentle rinse.  Best cleaner I have found for getting oil and road dirt off my bikes.

Past:
1994 K75RT "Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS"
1988 K100RS SE "Special Ed"
1994 K75S "Cheetos"
1992 K100RS "Moby Brick" R.I.P.
1982 Honda FT500
1979 Honda XR185
1977 Honda XL125
1974 Honda XL125
1972 OSSA Pioneer 250
1968 Kawasaki 175

6Back to top Go down   Introduction Empty Re: Introduction Sat 04 Jul 2020, 09:40

jotavtech

jotavtech
Point-Seven-five wrote:Rather than mess up the critical stuff with a power washer, get some S100 Cycle Cleaner(the Hardley Dangerous dealers sell it) and use that with a gentle rinse.  Best cleaner I have found for getting oil and road dirt off my bikes.
Roger that. Thanks for the tip!! I just power washed underneath, the rest is aviation style with a nylon brush, rags, and simple green variants. Will check out that cleaner though for sure.

7Back to top Go down   Introduction Empty Re: Introduction Sat 04 Jul 2020, 10:22

jotavtech

jotavtech
http://www.bmw-k100rt-page.eu/index.htm

just stumbled on this gold mine. even though I've downloaded and printed both the shop manual and the wiring diagram, this is a pretty amazing resource.

S100 is amazing stuff, just ordered it. Thanks again @Point-Seven-five!!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum