BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Airhawk Cushion Empty Airhawk Cushion Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:29 am

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
My K100 RS has a low seat conversion which is how it arrived when I bought it ex-Japan, I find the saddle uncomfortable on the backside on long runs, so after some research I got an Airhawk medium size cushion and went for a run of just over 350 km on Sunday and was very effective and has made long distances achievable in comfort. I don't of course intend to in any way compare with the endurance of the true Iron Butt K riders like TWB and others but for me to be able on my K to do 350K in comfort has been a plus. Airhawk gets a big thumbs up from me.
Regards,
K-BIKE

2Back to top Go down   Airhawk Cushion Empty Re: Airhawk Cushion Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:30 pm

Thanks for the praise, K-Bike, but I am more like the proverbial hare, of the tortoise and the hare proverb, doing my riding in short hops but over the long haul. My Corbin seat is as hard as a rock and those three 900+ km back-to-back dayz coming home were not so much fun, posteriorly. I would really only cover 200 to say 600 kms in a day on my Large Ride Round. My LDC brand undershorts made a slight difference. I have tried, in years past, both air, gel pad, sheep skin and water/foam seats. Gel slips round too much unless it's built in, water is impractical in cold climates, sheep skin gets wet, which leaves air as the most practical choice unless you're of short stature and the bike's too tall, or your saddle is a good 'un already!

3Back to top Go down   Airhawk Cushion Empty Re: Airhawk Cushion Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:23 am

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
The thing about the Airhawk is it is used practically empty of air in fact when one feels it on the saddle it seems empty the saddle is hard under the fingers there is no sensation of air cushioning but when one sits on it and all the air cells are under pressure from one's anatomy then one is sitting literally on air just above the original seat and at that point it is just right (for me). I shall try other adjustments but without experiencing it I would have said looking at it on the saddle NO WAY that is going to help at all! until I sat on it. The commonest mistake the distributor says is people having too much air in it.
Regards,
K-BIKE

4Back to top Go down   Airhawk Cushion Empty K-Bike Airhawk Cushion 02 Nov 2010 Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:25 am

Lazyboy

Lazyboy
Silver member
Silver member
Was looking for info on the Airhawk Cushion or Gel Cushion and found you post from 2yrs ago. Due to a prostrate cancer op in 2006 I am finding that long trip get very uncomfortable. Have been using a senthetic type sheepskin and lots of baby in my underpants but this does help much on a day trip of 600-800km. Your long term report on the Airhawk would be appreciated and how is it standing up to wear and tear ? If anyone else on the Forum has used the Airhawk or Gel Type cushion I, ( and My Butt ) would appreciate any comments.

Bikes Name: Lazyboy

5Back to top Go down   Airhawk Cushion Empty Re: Airhawk Cushion Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:34 pm

Brickee

Brickee
Silver member
Silver member
Hi K-Bike, I'm looking for something easier on the butt too, after 1-2 hours, I can't wait to get off the bike. Crying or Very sad I checked the Airhawk website for fitment, but it doesn't go that far back for K's. Also, Ive got a 29 inch inseam and just make the ground now, would that affect having a sure footing? Thanks for any info.

The good news is, I no longer have senior moments. The bad news is, now it's a constant state of mind.

6Back to top Go down   Airhawk Cushion Empty Re: Airhawk Cushion Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:25 pm

cruise_carter

cruise_carter
http://www.therohostore.com/airhawk-motorcycle-seat-cushion-fit-chart.aspx

measure the seating area on your bike and match to size.
properly inflated, you are sitting on a thin cushion of air.

Tried them, not bad but I use these for past number of years..

http://www.beadrider.com/

Dale

2002 HD Electra Glide Classic (gone)
1987 K100RS (gone)
2002 HD Road Glide (gone)
2000 R1100R (gone)
lots more in the past........

7Back to top Go down   Airhawk Cushion Empty Airhawk Cushion Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:15 am

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
I have to jump in here with an endorsement as well. I have found the Airhawk really fabulous. It takes some time to get the right amount of air, as you keep looking at it thinking what have I spent that money on a wafer thin mint for. Even a touch too much air will get you a set of crushed nuts from the air being forced to the front. I have combined mine with a much used sheepskin cover and have done a couple of 700 k days. Now if I could only get my knees to stop locking up I'll be right.
I can sit on the bike all day, but cannot sit in a chair all day due to a dodgy back. The Airhawk is the only thing I take off the bike if I'm leaving it alone, they can have my helmet.
RT

8Back to top Go down   Airhawk Cushion Empty Re: Airhawk Cushion Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:10 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
The Airhawk comes from a firm that started life making seat pads for wheelchair bound people who spend their whole life sitting down so rear end comfort is vital. A wheelchair enabled (as he calls himself) friend recommended me the company to me and I started looking at them. I am still many thousand k's later really pleased with the Airhawk and its comfort and would recommend one unhesitatingly to anyone who has discomfort in the rear end on long journeys. I thought about what if it got stolen would I replace it immediately and instantly thought absolutely straight on the phone to the NZ distributor in Hamilton and get one on order!
Regards,
K-BIKE

9Back to top Go down   Airhawk Cushion Empty Re: Airhawk Cushion Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:48 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
I had an Air Hawk on my R80 in a past life and it was the bees knees (Aussie for great) it meant I could do a 1000k day and repeat it next day. When I was riding my Kawasaki 1300 there was no such thing, it was just sit and suffer and swap sides of the bum every 3-4klm. Oh those glory days.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

10Back to top Go down   Airhawk Cushion Empty Airhawk Cushion Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:19 am

Lazyboy

Lazyboy
Silver member
Silver member
Thanks all for the replies on the Airhawk Cushion. It sounds just what I am looking for. Since my prostrate op even short trips can be uncomfortable. I am definatily going to invest in one !

Bikes Name: Lazyboy

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum