BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Fuel Injector rebuild kits Empty Fuel Injector rebuild kits Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:28 pm

Mick67

Mick67
Silver member
Silver member
About to order a couple of sets of these.

https://www.aliexpress.com/i/32804772624.html

Was wondering if anybody else in Brisbane area was after some and I will add to order.

PM me if interested

Cheers Mick

2Back to top Go down   Fuel Injector rebuild kits Empty Re: Fuel Injector rebuild kits Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:38 pm

StandardK

StandardK
Gold member
Gold member
You branching out into injector rebuilds now Mick? Excellent, you’ll be the “go to” man for that from now on. 

Regards

Dan

3Back to top Go down   Fuel Injector rebuild kits Empty Re: Fuel Injector rebuild kits Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:53 pm

Mick67

Mick67
Silver member
Silver member
Not me. Taking them to 'Moto by Martin'  up at North Lakes.

He has an ultrasonic cleaner and harness set-up. I picked up a spare set of injectors along with a relay box, relays and wiring loom off gumtree. So going to clean and refurb these and the ones in my bike.

4Back to top Go down   Fuel Injector rebuild kits Empty Re: Fuel Injector rebuild kits Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:09 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
thats pretty cheap mick , good find !!!

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

5Back to top Go down   Fuel Injector rebuild kits Empty Re: Fuel Injector rebuild kits Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:21 am

Two Wheels Better

Two Wheels Better
US$1.89 with a $3.00 new user discount on orders over $4.00! They'll be paying me to buy them. I wonder how much the Uyghur 
re-education camp member earns to put these kits together...

6Back to top Go down   Fuel Injector rebuild kits Empty Re: Fuel Injector rebuild kits Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:31 am

Matthew-Brisbane

Matthew-Brisbane
Life time member
Life time member
Put me down for three sets 
Please mick

2004 F650 GS known as DACK-DACK

#### K100 RS Project 
2011 R1200 GS known as Big Blue 

7Back to top Go down   Fuel Injector rebuild kits Empty Re: Fuel Injector rebuild kits Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:21 am

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
Mick could please get a set of four for me I'll put them in stock. It will save me chasing them. By the way it's Wombat Works.
Regards Martin.

8Back to top Go down   Fuel Injector rebuild kits Empty Re: Fuel Injector rebuild kits Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:15 am

Mick67

Mick67
Silver member
Silver member
So a bit of maths

Me 2
Martin 1
Matt 3

= 8 sets ordered ... I see numerals as being adjectival not absolutes.Very Happy

A$35 ( got hit with GST) delivered by Nov 16. So $4.50ish a set delivered. Will let you know when/if they arrive.

9Back to top Go down   Fuel Injector rebuild kits Empty Re: Fuel Injector rebuild kits Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:38 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
I buy the set for the E32 V12 BMW sedan and get 3 sets for a K100

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

11Back to top Go down   Fuel Injector rebuild kits Empty Re: Fuel Injector rebuild kits Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:09 pm

brickrider2

brickrider2
Life time member
Life time member
Two Wheels Better wrote:US$1.89 with a $3.00 new user discount on orders over $4.00! They'll be paying me to buy them. I wonder how much the Uyghur 
re-education camp member earns to put these kits together...
Ugh, that's some dark humor if ever there was....

12Back to top Go down   Fuel Injector rebuild kits Empty Re: Fuel Injector rebuild kits Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:24 am

nino

Life time member
Life time member
Hello Jbt, do you still have that 30 USD injectors on your K 100 engine? How it behaves, can you tell something more, for example about cold start, consumption, high revs?
Thanks in advance

13Back to top Go down   Fuel Injector rebuild kits Empty Re: Fuel Injector rebuild kits Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:03 am

jbt

jbt
Life time member
Life time member
nino wrote:Hello Jbt, do you still have that 30 USD injectors on your K 100 engine? How it behaves, can you tell something more, for example about cold start, consumption, high revs?
Thanks in advance

Yes, I still do have them.
I can't tell if they improved anything, as I mounted these injectors on a K100 I bought damaged, and never rode it before.
But comparing to other K100 I own, it works much better. No cold start issue, no trouble reving, and a funny push at high revs. Nothing to compare to my other '85 k100 that seems empty and weak in comparison.
I've rode it about 500 km since the rebuild.
These injectors seem to be richer than the usual ones, with a larger debit.
All the fuel injection line is new, and the fuel pressure regulator is a bit tuned, it may also explain.
The only surprise is about the O ring looking more sticky than gummy, as slime.
I did not trust them, I don't like playing with fuel leaks, I changed them for OEM O rings.

14Back to top Go down   Fuel Injector rebuild kits Empty Re: Fuel Injector rebuild kits Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:40 pm

nino

Life time member
Life time member
Thanks for sharing infos. One more question. Did you measure consumption? Higher or same as original injectors? How did you tune fuel pressure regulator. Higher pressure?

15Back to top Go down   Fuel Injector rebuild kits Empty Re: Fuel Injector rebuild kits Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:15 pm

jbt

jbt
Life time member
Life time member
I did not measure fuel consumption. This bike runs too rarely to bother about.
To enhance fuel pressure, the good old trick is to smash the bottom of the regulator. It preloads the internal spring, and the regulator opens at higher pressure.
But you also can change it for an adjustable presssure regulator.

16Back to top Go down   Fuel Injector rebuild kits Empty Re: Fuel Injector rebuild kits Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:27 am

nino

Life time member
Life time member
I have adjustable fuel pressure regulator installed and adjusted on 3,2 bar instead 2,5. with old injectors. I tried with some chinese injectors Shunzi Liron(?) and it worked only on 0,5 bars with that adjustable FPR. To much fuel probably with standard pressure.
So I removed chinese and put old Bosch injectors.

17Back to top Go down   Fuel Injector rebuild kits Empty Re: Fuel Injector rebuild kits Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:11 am

jbt

jbt
Life time member
Life time member
3.2 is way too much IMHO.
2,8 is the max you can set without internal modifications (big bore, long opening camshaft, etc;)

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum