BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
guys, we have a private group on face book celebrating the classic k bikes

quite suddenly we have decided that it would be good to have a seasonal pre christmas meeting of the group 

so this Saturday (dec 19th ) we've decided to head off down the big hills to Nundle Pub for a meal and drinks .

for the first time , that i know of , we will be riding 3 classic rs k100 beasties that live up here on the tablelands , along with other friends on different machines in the area .

all being dry and comfortable for the trip , given that the outlook weather wise has not been particularly good in recent days 

should make for some good group pics if nothing else . so i guess we better find a really good scenic stop over for a couple of pics 

at the moment im thinking the lookout half way up the Moonbies would be a good candidate .

but others may come up with some good suggestions 

like thunderbolts rock , just south of Uralla 

any how just a heads up that we are still active out here in aussie and for me excited to be amongst the group heading down the road

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
was a great day for a ride-out with mates of the New England Classic K bikes group ,
actually the first big day ride for dear old Fred , many short rides have been accomplished , and repairs after on some occasions , (like when the sprag clutch alternator drove its self through the engine block , because of a loose bolt ...dang , and later rebuild with a different block completely. )

but on the road we were today ... on mostly a very clear , if but warm to hot day , destination Nundle in the upper Hunter valley for a meeting of some of the members, to celebrate the season , with a meal and drinks .

poor Steve was getting to know his new to him RS beastie , "the hard way" with a very different and narrow , lean forward stance quite foreign to general cruise type riders .

traversing the path south of Walcha we were travelling through low clouds in the distinct cloud coverage change since we left the Guyra district of the New England ,

We met Stewart Garland and his mate on newer fancy "r" bikes at the Nundle Pub where drinks and a meal was enjoyed by all ,

then back up the main highway home , with a couple of stops along the way , a good 600 + kilometres for me and Fred (with a wheel change the day before to restore some rubber on the rear end , as a loaner for this trip )

here's some of my pics along the path..

merry Christmas guys and gals from up here

New England Classic K Bike pre christmas meeting 20201212

New England Classic K Bike pre christmas meeting 20201213

New England Classic K Bike pre christmas meeting 20201214

New England Classic K Bike pre christmas meeting 20201215

New England Classic K Bike pre christmas meeting 20201216

New England Classic K Bike pre christmas meeting K_bike10

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
Thanks Charlie! Very Happy The furthest I've managed in recent weeks is 50 miles on Low Flying Brick and 32 miles on the Royal Enfield. Not allowed out unless it's urgent.... Sad

1978 Moto Guzzi 850-T3, 1979 Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California,1993 Moto Guzzi 1100ie California
2020 Royal Enfield Bullet 500

TacKler

TacKler
Life time member
Life time member
Good to see a few familiar faces and places  Very Happy  

Hopefully I shall catch up with you folks at the Karuah River Rally.

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
Dave KKR has been limited to 50 people and club members getting the priority.
Regards Martin. santa rendeer

TacKler

TacKler
Life time member
Life time member
affraid   Guess I'll have to find another river then.

Gaz

Gaz
Life time member
Life time member
Well done boys! Good to see you out and about with Sean along to keep an eye on the wild ones.

Merry Christmas to all of you and hopefully it will be easier to cross paths in 2021.

Cheers

Saxon7

Saxon7
Life time member
Life time member
It was a good day out, with the trio of RS types on song and appropriate 'shortcuts' taken through Port Stephens Cutting etc to make a decent ride out of it. Hopefully the Naked RT outfit will be on the road early in the new year,( just waiting for a friend across the border to help me out with some cutting and welding and it should be ready) and able to take part in some K rides, providing we're allowed to go anywhere at all...
Somewhere along the Condamine or somewhere, Herr von Täckler maybe?
Some pics to complement those posted by Charlie. New England Classic K Bike pre christmas meeting 20201211
New England Classic K Bike pre christmas meeting 20201210
New England Classic K Bike pre christmas meeting 20201212

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc7NNjWO7nHEhMpErSDJ5Hw

Saxon7

Saxon7
Life time member
Life time member
Gaz, it would be easier to herd cats thaNew England Classic K Bike pre christmas meeting 20201214
New England Classic K Bike pre christmas meeting 20201215
New England Classic K Bike pre christmas meeting 20201213n keep an eye on these blokes.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc7NNjWO7nHEhMpErSDJ5Hw

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum