BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   New member from central Florida Empty New member from central Florida Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:23 am

Hendrik

Hendrik
I'm Henk from central Florida. I have just purchased a 1985 K100RS with a Hannigan sidecar with 18000 mi. on the clock. This is my second K100 and my first sidecar rig.  I.m looking forward to new friends and new adventures. Is there anyone out there with a k100 side rig?

2Back to top Go down   New member from central Florida Empty Re: New member from central Florida Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:32 am

Hendrik

Hendrik
New member from central Florida 20201210

3Back to top Go down   New member from central Florida Empty Re: New member from central Florida Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:03 pm

Arlina

Arlina
Welcome Henk Smile

4Back to top Go down   New member from central Florida Empty Re: New member from central Florida Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:25 am

cycleman

cycleman
Silver member
Silver member
Nice looking set up. I had a R100RT with a sidecar and always thought the K100 would be a better tug. Seeing as this is your first rig, take some time to learn how to drive it, yes you drive a sidecar.

I see your rig has the conventional front forks and unless they have changed the trees to accommodate the sidecar you might find it a bit hard to steer. The RS handlebars are shorter than the RT's, so likely the steering effort will be higher. Also a fork brace would likely help the front end. I had my rig for a few years and a sidecar is a special beast and not all end up liking them.

5Back to top Go down   New member from central Florida Empty Re: New member from central Florida Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:17 pm

brickrider2

brickrider2
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome to the forum.  Good luck with your new chair.  cheers

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum