BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ACHILLES

ACHILLES
Hello everybody!!!! This is Achilles, Thessaloniki, Greece.
In January 1989 I bought this magnificent piece, K 100 RS, actually the last unit produced in 1987. In the summer of 89, along with my girl, then, we made a trip to Portugal and back. Italy, France, Spain, Portugal, Spain again, Andorra, France, Italy, Yugoslavia, back home. It took us 22 days, 11000 Km. The first day was a little tiring. After the second, riding the bike for 16 hours was as relaxing as laying in my sofa. Incredible, taking into account that on the highway my speed was never below 160 Km/h.
In 2008 I had a minor accident, just some scratches on the right side. Also, the tank started leaking. I also had to take my son everyday to the Swimming pool for training, so using the bike was impossible. So, I left it in my garage, hoping that somehow I will find the time to devote myself in taking care of the various issues.
Thanks to COVID, lockdown etc, and given that I have retired, fixing the bike was the best gift I could offer to myself. So, by the end of September I started. I stripped it, ordered some parts, fixed the tank leaking problem and started re-assembly. In the process I found out about the FORUM and utilized lots of the information provided so generously by all of you, so I am really thankful. 
Right now I am about to do the paintjob.
I hope that the weather in January will allow me to make some short trips around, I think this is a must before I take it for a long one.
Greetings from Greece,
Achilles

Point-Seven-five

Point-Seven-five
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome! That's a great story about your bike. I'm sure you will enjoy getting it back on the road again.

Past:
1994 K75RT "Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS"
1988 K100RS SE "Special Ed"
1994 K75S "Cheetos"
1992 K100RS "Moby Brick" R.I.P.
1982 Honda FT500
1979 Honda XR185
1977 Honda XL125
1974 Honda XL125
1972 OSSA Pioneer 250
1968 Kawasaki 175

Suzi Q

Suzi Q
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome Achilles, great to read your story.
Wise choice - if you'd kept the girl and not the bike, there's no way you could have set about fixing some woman's wear and tear up after all these years  Very Happy

ACHILLES

ACHILLES
Thanks for your reply. I am afraid that keeping the bike was an excellent idea. Keeping the girl was proven less fruitful. This is life. Be safe, make nice trips. Enjoy.

brickrider2

brickrider2
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome to the forum Achilles.  I too enjoyed reading your introduction.  In addition to that, I am amazed at the photo you posted.  Greece produces some serious fungi!   cheers
You trip sounds wonderful, and has me day dreaming of something like that before I am hopelessly old and tired.  We must dream, right?

Arlina

Arlina
Welcome Achilles Smile

7Back to top Go down   Achilles, new member from Thessaloniki, Greece. Empty welcome Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:58 am

greecek100rt

greecek100rt
welcome, καλώς ήρθες

Polidefkis (K100 RT)

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
Achilles, new member from Thessaloniki, Greece. 177912 from cold, wet Northern Ireland.

1978 Moto Guzzi 850-T3, 1979 Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California,1993 Moto Guzzi 1100ie California
2020 Royal Enfield Bullet 500

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum