BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Fournales Shock? Empty Fournales Shock? Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:20 pm

Bonzo

Bonzo
Life time member
Life time member
I changed my tired OE (Bilstein I think) shock many years ago for a Wilbers 630 back in 2010. It cost £400.

I'm not really in the market for another shock, but found the UK supplier (MAW Solutions) can supply a monoshock for the 16v for £481 which didn't seem over priced. 'Back in the day' I was under the impression they were the shock to go for.

Anyone tried one and can share any feedback?

2Back to top Go down   Fournales Shock? Empty Re: Fournales Shock? Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:40 pm

Laitch

Laitch
Life time member
Life time member
Bonzo wrote:I'm . . . found the UK supplier (MAW Solutions) can supply a monoshock for the 16v for £481 which didn't seem over priced.
I can't find that price on their site at this link. Do have a more up-to-date link?

3Back to top Go down   Fournales Shock? Empty Re: Fournales Shock? Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:12 am

Bonzo

Bonzo
Life time member
Life time member
Laitch wrote:
Bonzo wrote:I'm . . . found the UK supplier (MAW Solutions) can supply a monoshock for the 16v for £481 which didn't seem over priced.
I can't find that price on their site at this link. Do have a more up-to-date link?

Try this link Laitch

Note they're in the UK.

4Back to top Go down   Fournales Shock? Empty Re: Fournales Shock? Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:14 am

Bonzo

Bonzo
Life time member
Life time member
..like I say, I'm not in the market for a new shock (yet), but was interested to know how they performed.

5Back to top Go down   Fournales Shock? Empty Re: Fournales Shock? Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:30 am

Bonzo

Bonzo
Life time member
Life time member
Laitch wrote:

Ahh, my link didn't include the £97.50 vat  Fournales Shock? 61740

So, £585 delivered.

6Back to top Go down   Fournales Shock? Empty Re: Fournales Shock? Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:56 pm

Gaz

Gaz
Life time member
Life time member
Bonzo, I had one on my 1995 K1100LT for about 18 years and 120,000km up until I sold the bike.

It was very expensive (so long ago that I can't remember exactly how much) and I bought the high pressure pump also to be able to adjust the pressure and hence the ride height. 

The reason I went with that shock was that my loading of the bike varied from just myself solo and virtually no luggage through to me & my wife plus all personal luggage and camping gear (tent, sleeping bags, air beds, cooking gear, chairs and food and water for a couple of days) for 4-5 week tours around this great country, at which time I'm sure we would have been at or above the gross vehicle mass.

I loved it and had no issues. It fitted my needs exactly but I may not have spent that much if my riding loads had been pretty constant.

Cheers

7Back to top Go down   Fournales Shock? Empty Re: Fournales Shock? Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:25 am

Bonzo

Bonzo
Life time member
Life time member
Cheers for that Gaz  Fournales Shock? 112350

8Back to top Go down   Fournales Shock? Empty Re: Fournales Shock? Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:24 am

jbt

jbt
Life time member
Life time member
I use Fournales shocks on many bikes and sidecar, specially on Ks.
Once the ideal pressure is found and set, it provides a very comfortable ride that no other shock matches.
But...
It seems that it was back in the days.
I had some shocks rebuilt at Fournales factory :, good service and free upgrade of corroded parts. But I never felt again that flying carpet effect. The hydraulic was erratic, particularly rebound. I had a shock returned twice at factory with no improve... Eventually I had to change myself oil to try different grades.
My opinion is that now the founder is retired and new components seem to be used. Skills were lost, and most of the production is about mono shock suspensions whereas K suspension is direct:the recipes are not the same for hydraulics.

9Back to top Go down   Fournales Shock? Empty Fournales Shocks Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:58 am

redrockmania

redrockmania
Silver member
Silver member
I recall back in the 1970's Fournales being reviewed in an Australian motorcycle magazine as an aftermarket option for the then usually indifferent shocks fitted by manufacturers. They were expensive but well reviewed. The article I read stated that Fournales shocks were on the landing gear for that amazing aircraft the Concorde.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum