BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

OgreRevved

Hey all, I'm new to the forum, but not new to the whole BMW scene. I just acquired a 1985 k100rs that doesn't run. I put new fuel and oil in it and tried starting it up, but got nothing. Finally I traced enough problems to realize the fuel pump wasn't pushing fuel, the pump works fine but doesn't come on when I turn on the key(jumped the pump wires). So I'm under the impression it's the temperature sensor, seems to be common problem, going to try jumping that tonight to see if I can get it started, any ideas before I get working tonight though? Just to give me things to check incase that's not the problem.

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin

OgreRevved

The temperature sensor light would be that pretty triangle with an explanation point in the middle that makes my bike feel like a Christmas ornament? Because it is glowing as soon as the ignition comes on.

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
No the pretty triangle is the light bulb monitoring. The temperature warning light is the one under the charge light (beside the yellow choke light)

OgreRevved

Hmm ok well then I'll still check it but I'll have to follow the other thread more closely and I'll report back on my progress. I just want it to run so I can ride.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum