BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Wiz

Silver member
Silver member
Since I am giving the paint a good long while to dry before I attempt any wet sanding, I decided to work on a potential replacement for the crank sensor.

Thing is, the BSK speedworks sensor works great, and is easy to install, however it sicks out really far and if I could just use something smaller, and have the cover still fit, that would be great. So in light if this I have made some models of potential trigger wheels that will fit in the standard location and use the standard hall effects sensors.

Here is the 24-2 trigger wheel I designed. I feel like this one has a good chance of working. 36-1 seems too fine, and 12-1 will definitely work, but if I can get the extra resolution of a 24-2 I will.

K100 MS3 Pro Conversion (Project K100GSA!) - Page 2 Upload_2021-9-25_19-58-38-png

This may concern  @mjones866 as I think he was having some issues with using the standard trigger wheels. I am going to get a quote to have one of these made, if it works and if you want one mjones, I can facilitate that.

Wiz

Wiz

Wiz
Silver member
Silver member
Ok, New Update.

Engine is here. Speed parts are on the way. As soon as my parts are here this things going together ASAP.

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
I doubt you'll ever need the barrels recoating if the engine's looked after. My Moto Guzzi V1000G5 was checked at 200,000 miles and it still showed the hone marks on the Nigusil coating. (Nikasil / Nigusil - it's a minor difference in the percentage of silicon carbide used in the coating).

1978 Moto Guzzi 850-T3, 1979 Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California,1993 Moto Guzzi 1100ie California
2020 Royal Enfield Bullet 500

Wiz

Wiz
Silver member
Silver member
A mock up of the new tank and front radiator cover. I'm liking the look of this much more. In addition, my custom rear rotor is installed on the back. HPS did a great job and made exactly what my drawing specified. Fits like a glove.
K100 MS3 Pro Conversion (Project K100GSA!) - Page 2 20211010

I hope you are right in that Dai, I would love to not have to do that. I heard at some point that you were supposed to replace the pistons at a point to help prolong the life of the nikasil coating.

Wiz

Wiz
Silver member
Silver member
The head gasket finally came in. Thickness is .043". Static compression ratio is now 12.44:1. I clayed the engine, and there is room for the valves that I am happy with even with the race cams. I don't have the pinout of the tps sensor worked out yet, I blew my 5v fuse again. Apparently when I tested the pinout a few days ago, my memory failed me and I didn't replicate that, because I had it working. That said, I started it gave it a rev, seems to run well. Going to be a few days before I can work on the bike again unfortunately. But the project is back under way.
Picture of the new engine with head and cams in it

K100 MS3 Pro Conversion (Project K100GSA!) - Page 2 20211110

Wiz out

56Back to top Go down   K100 MS3 Pro Conversion (Project K100GSA!) - Page 2 Empty The bike is alive again Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:16 pm

Wiz

Wiz
Silver member
Silver member
She sounds rowdy as hell. Somehow I managed to break my coolant neck, but progress!

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
Actually it sounds really nice Very Happy

1978 Moto Guzzi 850-T3, 1979 Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California,1993 Moto Guzzi 1100ie California
2020 Royal Enfield Bullet 500

Woodie

Woodie
Life time member
Life time member
Yup, really like it!

"Keep your stick on the ice.  We're all in this together."  Red Green

Wiz

Wiz
Silver member
Silver member
Anyone who owns a k1200, or a k1100 (I think) might be interested in an extra head gasket I had made, assuming my .043 gasket does not cause any issues, I might want to sell this thicker. 050 gasket. Full copper custom cometic gasket. If anyone is Interested let me know and I will think about parting with it. Fits k1200, not sure about 1100. Note for anyone interested, it's a good idea use copper head gasket spray to ensure a good water seal.

K100 MS3 Pro Conversion (Project K100GSA!) - Page 2 20211111

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum