BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   G'Day Everyone Empty G'Day Everyone Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:28 am

Leo G

Leo G
Hi All

I'm LEO G, I must learn to type (only been doing it for 30 years, can't rush these things).

I don't currently own a bike, well, not a running bike and the one I have is an old Honda CX500 with 39,000 k's genuine in ratty condition due to poor storage.

I know, wrong forum, this is a BMW forum but I did have for a couple of years an old 89 K100LT on loan from a good friend when my car engine blew up.
I started doing some repairs on his ratty panniers which had at some time in their life slid down the road and just recently found an UK seller with a matched pair of T1 panniers in near new condition for less than what I could buy a single case cover for in Australia.

Everything in Aus is overpriced!

Now I'm here trying to find keys for these new panniers which the seller listed as "non locking" I've enlightened him, since he only sells used BMW gear but, he didn't have a key.

I'm here looking for an 053 T1 pannier key if anyone can point me to the correct location to find either a key or specifications so I can at least have a go at butchering (cutting) some brass or stainless with a Dremel and a prayer.

2Back to top Go down   G'Day Everyone Empty Re: G'Day Everyone Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:43 am

moriarti

moriarti
Life time member
Life time member
G'Day Everyone 177912 Leo, Two wheels better is your man for keys Click on FORUM TYPE pannier keys then send him a PM .From your intro,its plane to see you will fit right in with this crowd G'Day Everyone 8157 G'Day Everyone 8157

3Back to top Go down   G'Day Everyone Empty welcome Mon May 10, 2021 2:47 am

poddy

poddy
Silver member
Silver member
G,Day I was Lithgow born & bred. Now happy living on the gold coast. I have'nt used my heated vest for years thank  christ. It's getting towards that time of year down there. I remember the days of shoving newspapers down my clothes to keep worm. Regards Poddy

4Back to top Go down   G'Day Everyone Empty Re: G'Day Everyone Mon May 10, 2021 6:09 am

Leo G

Leo G
I'm Penrith born and possibly inbred, lol
Lithgow is getting cold, I just own the right gear after spending years riding with inappropriate gear and freezing my nuts off while riding down to Philip Island for the 89 and 90 500cc Grand Prix's.

Plus, I'm a fairing guy, I prefer a fairing on any bikes I own since my former riding days saw me doing a lot of long distance interstate riding on a regular basis.

As for the pannier keys, can't get the things anywhere, even though Max BMW in the US list them. They can not supply, why the listing is beyond me.
I ended up picking up some blanks which matched my letterbox key grooves, the closest in everything I own that nearly matched the stupid little toy locks (on over $2K of original luggage system if purchased new in Aus) and filed a little and now have 2 working keys.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum