BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   New K100 Owner Empty New K100 Owner Wed May 05, 2021 6:50 am

Oldschool_Ian

Oldschool_Ian
Hello

Decided to join here as it seems like a valuable resource for technical information.

I'm Located in Northern Ireland.

Recently got hold of a 1990 K100, originally an LT but converted to a cafe racer.

I'm sure there are those who won't like me because its been turned into a cafe racer, but the way I see it I am putting another K100 on the road that hasn't even had an MOT since 2014 and had a myriad of problems needing sorting and to be given some general love and care.

Here is how she stands:

New K100 Owner IMG_2043

New K100 Owner IMG_2052

New K100 Owner IMG_2039

2Back to top Go down   New K100 Owner Empty Re: New K100 Owner Wed May 05, 2021 8:49 am

moriarti

moriarti
Life time member
Life time member
Hi Ian,Your right mate a K is a K and one more is a bonus We all share the same passion for this bike what we do personally is what makes us individuals.So enjoy 
your bike Ride safe and when I'm passing by, Put the Kettle on Very Happy Very Happy

3Back to top Go down   New K100 Owner Empty Re: New K100 Owner Wed May 05, 2021 8:36 pm

caveman

caveman
Platinum member
Platinum member
It's all about joy and if it's what brings you joy, knock yourself out. Some folks have made some fantastic "cafe" or "custom"  rigs but it seems more never get it done. Wish you the best with it and maybe some of us can help you "get r done"

4Back to top Go down   New K100 Owner Empty Re: New K100 Owner Thu May 06, 2021 4:16 am

Arlina

Arlina
Welcome Ian Smile

5Back to top Go down   New K100 Owner Empty Re: New K100 Owner Thu May 06, 2021 6:05 am

Oldschool_Ian

Oldschool_Ian
@moriarti wrote:Hi Ian,Your right mate a K is a K and one more is a bonus We all share the same passion for this bike what we do personally is what makes us individuals.So enjoy 
your bike Ride safe and when I'm passing by, Put the Kettle on Very Happy Very Happy
Thanks. It actually suits me better as a cafe racer than as a luxury tourer as I only tend to use bikes for short trips and around the coast roads so this why I get to enjoy a K bike in a way that suits me. And its still got most of the features that make it a K.

@caveman wrote:It's all about joy and if it's what brings you joy, knock yourself out. Some folks have made some fantastic "cafe" or "custom"  rigs but it seems more never get it done. Wish you the best with it and maybe some of us can help you "get r done"
Seems accurate, I bought this already part converted, but done badly and have just been finishing it off myself, you wouldn't believe how many things were wrong with it. Some people shouldn't be allowed near anything mechanical.  There has been some challenges but I don't give up easy, I'm determined to make this a great bike and I'm sure the knowledge on here will be helpful.

@Arlina wrote:Welcome Ian Smile
Thanks

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum