BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Hello from Switzerland Empty Hello from Switzerland Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:40 pm

bad boy

bad boy
Silver member
Silver member
Hello

I am David, 60 years young, from Switzerland, Europe

I started motorcycling in 2004 with a 955i Speed Triple, later a 955i Daytona.
As my back, wrists and neck started to complain more and more about the embryo position on that bike, I got myself a second hand 1997 Peraves Ecomobile
I sit in a comfortable position, feet forward, mainly in T-shirt and shorts and do not have to wear a helmet.
The internal parts are mainly from a K100, the engine is a K1200RS, the gearbox a K1100RS.
The body is a custom made monocoque (aramid fiber reinforced plastic with laminated steel tube or cast aluminum reinforcements) with full weather protection. If we wouldn't have all the salt on our winter roads, I could easily ride all year long: The canopy protects me from all kinds of weather and yes, there is a heating.

I made a two week trip with my lady through Germany, Austria, Slovenia, Croatia, Tuscany/Italy and back to Switzerland back in 2013. We had all we needed with us.
I have been to the Eifel (Nürburgring), Germany in 2014, here a clip from a local TV station:
https://youtu.be/4sE2Npx3GCQ

That's me at 04:09
Hello from Switzerland Werhah10

I am very happy to have found this forum with all the detailed knowledge.

Keep up the good work

Hello from Switzerland 9438-010

bad boy

bad boy
Silver member
Silver member
And just in case you wondered what it's all about, well, see for yourself:
https://youtu.be/VbdkZB9-Sd4

that was Jeremy Clarkson's BBC Motorworld way back in 2008

Hello from Switzerland 723598

3Back to top Go down   Hello from Switzerland Empty Re: Hello from Switzerland Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:08 am

jbt

jbt
Gold member
Gold member
Hello David,
Wow, an Ecomobil! I've always been attracted by this vehicle... When I was a youngboy, I was seeing a red one passing Ecomobil every Wednesdays in front of my house, near the Swiss border.
Years later, I was told by customs colleagues that it was used to smuggle steroids. If you want to hide something, use something else much more visible!
Then, as a daily user of motorcycles, so logically riding Ks, I gained interest in it.
Sadly,  they were unaffordable, and strictly impossible to register in France.
Today,  the it price are lower and registration is possible as vintage special procedure.
Where are you in Switzerland? Zug?

4Back to top Go down   Hello from Switzerland Empty Re: Hello from Switzerland Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:14 am

Pete Riley

Pete Riley
@jbt wrote:Hello David,
Wow, an Ecomobil! I've always been attracted by this vehicle... When I was a youngboy, I was seeing a red one passing Ecomobil every Wednesdays in front of my house, near the Swiss border.
Years later, I was told by customs colleagues that it was used to smuggle steroids. If you want to hide something, use something else much more visible!
Then, as a daily user of motorcycles, so logically riding Ks, I gained interest in it.
Sadly,  they were unaffordable, and strictly impossible to register in France.
Today,  the it price are lower and registration is possible as vintage special procedure.
Where are you in Switzerland? Zug?
Does anyone remember the Quasar.

5Back to top Go down   Hello from Switzerland Empty Re: Hello from Switzerland Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:10 am

Arlina

Arlina
Welcome David Smile

6Back to top Go down   Hello from Switzerland Empty Re: Hello from Switzerland Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:36 pm

bad boy

bad boy
Silver member
Silver member
@jbt
Salut. Yes, you guessed right. I do live in le canton de Zoug. And yes, every now and then, there appears a second hand Eco on the market. The oldest ones are some thirty years old by now, so these may qualify for an oldtimer, depending on the specific laws of a country. The Crit d'air Rolling Eyes  might be an obstacle - I am not quite familiar with it's details

@Pete
Ullo mate.
Quasar? Sure. But hardly to compare with a fully enclosed Ecomobile.

@Arlina
Dag mevrouw

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum