BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   OEM Key Switch wiring to M-Unit Empty OEM Key Switch wiring to M-Unit Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:32 pm

newbuilder

newbuilder
Hi
I'm trying to wire the OEM Key Switch to M-Unit. I have the red wire added to the input on the M-Unit but not sure where the green, grey and grey/blue wires go. Has anyone done this before or any advice on what I need to do.
Thanks
K

2Back to top Go down   OEM Key Switch wiring to M-Unit Empty Re: OEM Key Switch wiring to M-Unit Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:38 pm

robmack

robmack
Life time member
Life time member
It depends on the behaviour you wish based on the key position. Grey is switched 12V and usually comes on with the key in both the "PARK" and "ON" positions. Green is switched 12V and normally comes on with the key in the "ON" position. So, probably you want to ignore Grey and wire Green to the appropriate position for "Key ON" on the m-unit.

3Back to top Go down   OEM Key Switch wiring to M-Unit Empty Re: OEM Key Switch wiring to M-Unit Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:48 pm

newbuilder

newbuilder
Thanks robmack appreciate your advice, I'll try that and see how I get on. I'm not bothered about park, at this stage all I want to do is get the bike to start.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum