BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
A few of the K Kronies have work that they require assistance with. So I'm thinking of doing it on a Sunday so as to include the unfortunate Kronies that have to work to support our retired lifestyles. So I need a proposed date and a list of Kronies attending and the jobs they require assistance with and who can assist. Due to Micks complaint " What sausage rolls again" they are off the menu. KRSVP
Regards Martin.

Last edited by MartinW on Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added Date)

Mick67

Mick67
Silver member
Silver member
I think I am being punished for the Admirals crimes....

Jamie64

Jamie64
Silver member
Silver member
Happy for the rolls and a chat any Sunday

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
Jamie you can have Mick's do you require any work.
Regards Martin.

5Back to top Go down   Next SE Kweensland K Kronies WorK Shop 14th November Empty Mmmm Sausage Rolls Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:51 pm

Bruce Petterson

Bruce Petterson
Silver member
Silver member
Yes I am keen.  Any Sunday is good for me except the 31st Oct as it is the long weekend.  Would love to get the low fuel light on my dash working again if time permits please.   Regards Bruce

StandardK

StandardK
Gold member
Gold member
I should be available to assist in menial tasks should needs arise

Some of the K Kluster needing help? Hmm....never a truer word spoken  Razz

Regards

Dan

Dan

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
At this stage I have a list of Kronies and work required.
1/ Matt needs his front wheel checking with dial gauge and possibly try some one else's front wheel  and also needs his exhaust gas analysed.
2/ Mick requires throttle and clutch cables changed over.
3/ SSD requires centre stand end plug grease nipples fitted which requires drilling and tapping and a running light swap over. Besides connecting the light he can do most of it himself.
4/ Bruce requires a battery isolation switch fitted and a low fuel light globe possibly changing.
I have all the necessary tools however any assistance with doing these jobs will be greatly appreciated.
Regards Martin.

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
Planned date of the workshop is 14th of November unless Kronies have other commitments.
Regards Martin.

Mick67

Mick67
Silver member
Silver member
Will be there to assist where required.

Won't be needing any work done on my bike. Will have the cables sorted by then...definitely..maybe...probably.

Looking forward to it.

Mick67

Mick67
Silver member
Silver member
Pretty sure Jamie wanted to benchmark his throttle balance against your tuner.....Possibly he would appreciate an exhaust gas analysis if you are keen to get your probe out Shocked

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
Thanks Mick, Matt might want to try your front wheel depending on what we find. I can definitely check Jamie's gas output reading if he wants. 
Regards Martin.

Jamie64

Jamie64
Silver member
Silver member
Slow responses from me at the moments (heaps going on Sad )

Would like to check the gases if we get time.

I put the sync er thingy on it yesterday and it def made a difference to how smooth the idle is. Need to try it against Martin's Sync er thingy.

Cheers Jamie

13Back to top Go down   Next SE Kweensland K Kronies WorK Shop 14th November Empty Workshop Day Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:12 pm

Bruce Petterson

Bruce Petterson
Silver member
Silver member
Sound good.   I will mark that in my diary.  It will give my Annie time to make the sausage rolls.  lol! 
Regards Bruce   bounce bounce bounce

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
Thanks Bruce, tell Annie thankyou very much. Mick however won't be requiring any.
Regards Martin.

GB777

GB777
Silver member
Silver member
I had in my head it was this weekend and I was right to go, but it is actually the weekend after and I won't be able to make it.

•Dyno Tuned to deliver 115 bhp. •Audiovox CCS-100 Vacuum Cruise Control. •Fuel Plus Version 3.1 Trip Computer. •R1200c Final Drive Gears (32/13 or 2.54). •Ohlins rear shocky. •K100 complete Aluminium Radiator fitted. •Davies Craig Thermo Switch fitted to Cooling Fan with manual over-ride. •Fuel Cap drilled and tapped to provide mounting points for accessories, including mini Tank Bag & Apple CarPlay Screen •HID Hi-Lo Headlight and every other incandescent bulb on bike replaced with LED's. •Bulb monitoring warning light no longer needed so it's now used to indicate when Side Stand is down. •LED (Halo) Front Park Light (BMW Car style).

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
Next SE Kweensland K Kronies WorK Shop 14th November 112350 Next SE Kweensland K Kronies WorK Shop 14th November 177381

Bruce Petterson

Bruce Petterson
Silver member
Silver member
Sorry to hear that Gary.  Hope you have just as much fun.  Lol.   All the more Sausage Rolls for Martin.

Jamie64

Jamie64
Silver member
Silver member
I will be bringing the new syncy thing and we can check everybodies throttlebody sync's.

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
At the moment we have the following Kronies attending Matt, Mick, SSD, Dan, Bruce, Jamie, Vic. If I've missed anybody else that is attending please let me know and what if anything needs doing.
Regards Martin.

Bruce Petterson

Bruce Petterson
Silver member
Silver member
Sounds great Martin.

Regards Bruce

Jamie64

Jamie64
Silver member
Silver member
What time are we all invading Martin's place ?

I looked above but could not see a time, maybe there is one maybe not Smile

Thanks Jamie

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
Anytime from 0800.
Regards Martin.

Jamie64

Jamie64
Silver member
Silver member
Next SE Kweensland K Kronies WorK Shop 14th November 112350 Next SE Kweensland K Kronies WorK Shop 14th November 112350 Next SE Kweensland K Kronies WorK Shop 14th November 112350

Bruce Petterson

Bruce Petterson
Silver member
Silver member
Sausage Rolls cooking as we speak.

Yummmm

25Back to top Go down   Next SE Kweensland K Kronies WorK Shop 14th November Empty WorK shop Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:13 pm

daveyson

daveyson
Life time member
Life time member
Mmmmmm thought I could wait till lunch time, but won't be able to now.

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
Dave you are most welcome to attend. We'll even set aside some goodies, what time do you reckon you can get here. Piccies of goodies to come.
Regards Martin.

27Back to top Go down   Next SE Kweensland K Kronies WorK Shop 14th November Empty Workshop Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:57 pm

daveyson

daveyson
Life time member
Life time member
When I see the piccies I'll put a few in the air fryer, then I'll get the smell and the taste too. And I'll have some dimmies which is ultimate, you can't get them in some countries.

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
Workshop day done and dusted  Matt had a couple of spacers machined up for his chook chaser. Matt  forgot to bring his bike so we couldn't check his wheel run out. SSD had his stand removed the internals cleaned and rustproofed  and then drilled tapped and fitted with grease nipples and refitted with assistance from Dan. Jamie also replaced SSD's  running light. Bruce had a battery isolator switch fitted by Matt. Bruce's tank was removed and the sender removed and checked by Jamie and myself. The windings were worn and only working through half the range. However after a bit of disassembly and cleaning and after reassembly the low fuel warning light came back to life. As he doesn't have a fuel gauge this is fine. Mick changed his own spark plugs and had his balance checked by Jamie with his new machine. He also checked Dan's and Bruce's balance. We tried getting a reading on Jamie's bike with the exhaust gas analyser but after heaps of adjustment it failed to make much of a difference Jamie's going to dive a bit further later on. Vic had his coils checked by Matt. Bruce's wife Annie supplied homemade sausage rolls and chocolate fudge which went down a treat. I believe it was another successful workshop.
Regards Martin.  
Next SE Kweensland K Kronies WorK Shop 14th November Pb140110
Next SE Kweensland K Kronies WorK Shop 14th November Pb140111
Next SE Kweensland K Kronies WorK Shop 14th November Pb140112

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
More piccies.
Next SE Kweensland K Kronies WorK Shop 14th November Pb140115
Next SE Kweensland K Kronies WorK Shop 14th November Pb140116
Next SE Kweensland K Kronies WorK Shop 14th November Pb140117

30Back to top Go down   Next SE Kweensland K Kronies WorK Shop 14th November Empty Workshop Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:41 am

daveyson

daveyson
Life time member
Life time member
Bonus, good work, and a perfect excuse to pig out a bit. 

I've sometimes thought about welding an oxygen sensor to a pipe as a home made exhaust analyser, dunno if that'll work. It's been on the to-do list for a couple of decades.

Jamie64

Jamie64
Silver member
Silver member
Very productive morning.

Thanks for the invite.

Mick67

Mick67
Silver member
Silver member
Very good morning with lots of fiddly little jobs attended too. Good to have a few extra hands/heads around.

A few more pics.

Next SE Kweensland K Kronies WorK Shop 14th November 20211111Next SE Kweensland K Kronies WorK Shop 14th November 20211112

The fellas in action

Next SE Kweensland K Kronies WorK Shop 14th November 20211113

Studying the form guide..

Very Happy

Last edited by Mick67 on Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:24 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Photo of Dan picking his nose removed - and then put back)

StandardK

StandardK
Gold member
Gold member
Great day tinkering, almost 100% success on most jobs oddly enough  Wink

Many thanks to the generous hosts & caterers (wink wink Martin/Bruce) all were well fed indeed

Next SE Kweensland K Kronies WorK Shop 14th November 20211113

Genius at work...turning up "thingys" of some sort

Next SE Kweensland K Kronies WorK Shop 14th November 20211114

Many hands make confusion

Next SE Kweensland K Kronies WorK Shop 14th November 20211115

Even my old bus got in synch'

Next SE Kweensland K Kronies WorK Shop 14th November 20211116

Mick's RS got new plugs - can't you tell?

And BTW Mick I was scratching my nose I tells ye  Next SE Kweensland K Kronies WorK Shop 14th November 1f633 

Regards

Dan

Last edited by StandardK on Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:24 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Def NOT nose picking!)

Dan

Bruce Petterson

Bruce Petterson
Silver member
Silver member
Thanks for organising that workshop day Martin.   We got so much achieved in just the 5 - 6 hours.  Thanks for your and Jamie's help with my fuel sender.   Great banter, great company and food.   Thanks again.   Sorry no photos taken by me this time.

Regards Bruce

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum