BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   How old is your intank fuel hose Empty How old is your intank fuel hose Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:06 am

Jamie64

Jamie64
Silver member
Silver member
1992 and no signs of even starting to fail.

I replaced it anyway Smile

How old is your intank fuel hose Img_1310

2Back to top Go down   How old is your intank fuel hose Empty Re: How old is your intank fuel hose Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:17 am

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
Best replace clamps as well. I found out the hard way that some clamps will (original BMW) close to a preset position. If your hose gets soggy or not exactly to spec then the clamp is not tightening completely, only to the preset limit. You assume the hose is tight, but only because you can't tighten the clamp any further.

3Back to top Go down   How old is your intank fuel hose Empty Re: How old is your intank fuel hose Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:09 pm

jbt

jbt
Life time member
Life time member
I systematically change these hoses, internal and external, each time I buy a new K.
Be carefull, standard fuel hoses are not meaned to be into fuel: the internal layer is fuel and ethanol resistant, not the external layer. Immerged hoses have to layers to protect the core.
I had some issues with micro leaks from a hose inside the tank: very difficult to find, the pressure drops but you can't see it unless the tank is almost empty and you're looking with an endoscope...

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum