BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

clappy

clappy
I used a product called Superior Aluminum Brightener and it worked great on the gearbox and drivetrain but it darkened the bell housing and engine covers. Surprising given the name but I understand that the metals must be different. 
Any idea if I can vapor blast them back to shiny, or will it take something stronger than that?

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
I'm a huge fan of vapour blasting, having had three engines and four sets of carburettors done to date. Some of those were very discoloured but came up beautifully. The nice thing about vapur blasting is that it seals the surface and prevents corrision getting easily started again. One of those engines was done over ten years ago and then put into storage. Compared to one done about three years ago, it's difficult to tell them apart.

1978 Moto Guzzi 850-T3, 1979 Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California,1993 Moto Guzzi 1100ie California
2020 Royal Enfield Bullet 500

clappy

clappy
Got back to working on the bike and had time to cool off. The darkening came off with WD40 and scotchbrite so I think it will be ok after vapor blasting.
I'll be trying Everbrite protectaclear after vapor blasting to hopefully protect the alum even more.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum