BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   wires on the coils Empty wires on the coils Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:21 pm

zzrrsw@hotmail.com

Hi everyone.
I have a problem with the coil wires. my stater relay stuck on and burned the brown wire off the connection ,also the green wire is burned at the connection. my question is does the green wire split into two. one on each coil or am I missing something.

Thanks zzr

2Back to top Go down   wires on the coils Empty Ignition Coil Wiring Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:52 pm

phil_mars

Life time member
Life time member
zzrrsw@hotmail.com wrote:Hi everyone.
I have a problem with the coil wires. my stater relay stuck on and burned the brown wire off the connection ,also the green wire is burned at the connection. my question is does the green wire split into two. one on each coil or am I missing something.

Thanks zzr

Hi zzr,

Have you had a chance to check out the incredibly useful coloured wiring diagram I believe available in the downloads section that should point you in the right direction. I assume the effect you had was the starter still cranking with the ignition off as I had a similar experience thankfully with no burnt wiring.

Regards,

Phil_Mars

3Back to top Go down   wires on the coils Empty Re: wires on the coils Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:34 pm

zzrrsw@hotmail.com

thanks Phil. you got it dead right I traced the wires and all is sorted.it runs great after being outside in the rain for five years when finished I will post some photos
ZZR

4Back to top Go down   wires on the coils Empty Re: wires on the coils Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:17 am

phil_mars

Life time member
Life time member
Sorry ZZR but I have to say it. What's this "finished" business Laughing A mate of mine sent me an email with the subject "The final farkle", needless to say I sent it back to him 6 months later. Still I will look forward to the photos, and if I am ever satisfied with mine I will do the same.

Regards,

Phil

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum