BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Hello guys! Empty Hello guys! Wed May 11, 2022 10:34 am

Lorenzo17

Lorenzo17
Hello guys! 34de6e10Hello,
I'm from italy and i Own a 1995 Bmw K75 RT cafe racer. Now i want to set “her” in scrambler mode. 
I just took bmw spoke wheels, continental tck 70 tires, higher handlebar, ecc. now I’m searching for suspension… 
Somebody could help me? 
I would like to set it like a ducati scrambler desert sled or a triumph scrambler.

Do you think its better to change fork or change fork springs (or the entire cartridges)?

In the back there is a yss shock absorber (but i don’t know its specs, it was already there, i think it is the replacement for the stock one), as i want an off-road setting, could i mount a longer one, that increases the distance between the saddle and the wheel?
Do you know the maximum length?
Or is it better to buy one with adjustable length?

In italy there is unit garage that sell cartridges (600€) and rear shock öhlins (500€) for K series…

https://www.unitgarage.it/bmw/k75marrakesh/sospensioni_raffreddamento

Do you think it’s worth it?

Or it’s better take progressive fork springs and a longer rear shock?

Thank you

2Back to top Go down   Hello guys! Empty Re: Hello guys! Thu May 12, 2022 12:51 pm

Arlina

Arlina
Welcome Lorenzo Smile

3Back to top Go down   Hello guys! Empty Suspension upgrade Wed May 18, 2022 6:14 pm

Kr4mo

Kr4mo
Lorenzo17 Be careful when putting longer rear shocks.  Too much longer would likely be detrimental to your U-joint on the driveshaft. wrote:Hello guys! 34de6e10Hello,
I'm from italy and i Own a 1995 Bmw K75 RT cafe racer. Now i want to set “her” in scrambler mode. 
I just took bmw spoke wheels, continental tck 70 tires, higher handlebar, ecc. now I’m searching for suspension… 
Somebody could help me? 
I would like to set it like a ducati scrambler desert sled or a triumph scrambler.

Do you think its better to change fork or change fork springs (or the entire cartridges)?

In the back there is a yss shock absorber (but i don’t know its specs, it was already there, i think it is the replacement for the stock one), as i want an off-road setting, could i mount a longer one, that increases the distance between the saddle and the wheel?
Do you know the maximum length?
Or is it better to buy one with adjustable length?

In italy there is unit garage that sell cartridges (600€) and rear shock öhlins (500€) for K series…

https://www.unitgarage.it/bmw/k75marrakesh/sospensioni_raffreddamento

Do you think it’s worth it?

Or it’s better take progressive fork springs and a longer rear shock?

Thank you

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum