BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Tuesday Ride from Dayboro. Empty Tuesday Ride from Dayboro. Sat May 28, 2022 11:38 pm

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
Planning a ride on Tuesday leaving from Dayboro Bakery probably leaving 0900ish. As per usual no planned route. Two Kronies so far.
Regards Martin.

2Back to top Go down   Tuesday Ride from Dayboro. Empty Re: Tuesday Ride from Dayboro. Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:55 pm

Bruce Petterson

Bruce Petterson
Silver member
Silver member
So who went and where do you go ?

3Back to top Go down   Tuesday Ride from Dayboro. Empty Re: Tuesday Ride from Dayboro. Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:07 am

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
Only SSD and I. He came over and we called it off due to the chance of getting blown off the road or being hit with flying debris. Blizzard And to top it off Dayboro was hit with a mini quake.  bounce
Regards Martin.

Last edited by MartinW on Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:02 am; edited 1 time in total

4Back to top Go down   Tuesday Ride from Dayboro. Empty Re: Tuesday Ride from Dayboro. Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:43 am

Bruce Petterson

Bruce Petterson
Silver member
Silver member
Wise choice.  Yeah I heard about the quake.

Regards Bruce

5Back to top Go down   Tuesday Ride from Dayboro. Empty Re: Tuesday Ride from Dayboro. Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:48 am

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
The day was not a total loss we did some reconstructive surgery on SSD's barge.
Regards Martin.

6Back to top Go down   Tuesday Ride from Dayboro. Empty Dayboro Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:08 pm

daveyson

daveyson
Life time member
Life time member
Did yous happen to notice if turning upside down the panel around the forks results in air scoops which might reduce the heat problem? And if there are panels above the side vents preventing heat from getting to the knee vents?

7Back to top Go down   Tuesday Ride from Dayboro. Empty Re: Tuesday Ride from Dayboro. Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:51 pm

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
A while a go I offered to look at adding baffles as they appear to be mostly absent. SSD wasn't overly fussed so we have left it. The repairs we undertook were to the inner panel under the windscreen which had some significant cracks and warping. We heated up the warped panel and we aligned it with welding gloves on. We tried Bondic, 5 minute Araldite, and 2 different brands of super glue. None of them would hold so I resorted to deck tape. The deck tape is reasonably stiff and unyielding until heated. The panel has compound curves and with a bit of heat from the heat gun the deck tape easily conforms. SSD is now a fan of deck tape. After he left I realised that I have a bottle of blue plumbers glue that may have worked.
Regards Martin.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum