BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

roys

Silver member
Silver member
Hi,

Everywhere it says to use the honda moly 60 for splin lubrication.

I cannot get this where I am at (including Honda car and motorcycle dealers).

Can anyone name substitutes? Somehow I doubt there can be only solution.

Thank you,
Roy

Chris H

Chris H
Roy,

Don't know if this will help, the Honda part # for the "Moly 60 Paste" is 08734-0001. May not be a current number, I bought the last dusty tube the local Honda dealer had in stock.

Chris
88 K100LT
Springdale, AR USA

Morley

Anyone thought of using "Engine Assembly Lube"? I don't know what the moly content is but it is high.

phil_mars

Life time member
Life time member
Roy, I am about to do my first spline lube and have managed to track down some Honda Moly 60 paste from "casporttouring.com" in California who will post to International destinations. Due to our lousy exchange rate it will cost me about $AUD56 for an $US8 tube of grease but there are few alternatives available locally. I am trying to get some more information on Krytox made by Du Pont for which the specifications far exceed MoS2 but is also not cheap and if it does not work will be an expensive trial.

Regards,

Phil

5Back to top Go down   Looking for substitutes to honda moly 60 Empty Honda Moly Pro 60 Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:26 am

phil_mars

Life time member
Life time member
Regarding my previous post re the Honda Moly paste it was ordered on the 5th and arrived today (11th) so I can vouch for excellent service in that regard and on that basis alone would recommend them as a reliable source.

Phil

6Back to top Go down   Looking for substitutes to honda moly 60 Empty RE Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:41 am

roys

Silver member
Silver member
d

Last edited by roys on Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

phil_mars

Life time member
Life time member
Roy let us know how the hyperpro springs go as a friend of mine put them in his DL650 and was very pleased with the results and not a very expensive upgrade in the scheme of things. I would be interested in the quantity and weight of fork oil as I think that may be a bit of trial and error to get it just right. I have to say your English is at least as good as mine and it is my only language so I would not be worried on that score. As far as mechanical ablity goes we all have to start somewhere and you have the benefit of no preconceived ideas or bad habits so just take your time and if you can stand the odd bit of frustration you will do fine. I am a bit jealous of the fact that you have the standard K100 as that would do me fine for most of the time but there are things I like about the RT as well. Typically we are never satisfied and need either a quick change kit or more than one motorcycle Very Happy
Regards,

Phil

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum