BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Southern Ride '23 Empty Southern Ride '23 Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:08 pm

TacKler

TacKler
Life time member
Life time member
A mate forwarded an email on from the Toowoomba Branch of the HMCCQ regarding a possible run around the same time as our annual ride down south.  

After a BMW /5 meeting in Blayney this year they are after interest for an BMW Earles Fork meeting in the Junee/Henty/Coolamon area in the Riverina area in March '23 which is open to all BMW riders.  

As we have previously attended the Gympie mob's rally, I though I would throw this out there to see if anyone is interested in attending.  I'm not suggesting a combined ride but we could make our ride to Walwa* before or after theirs.  

I have contact details if interested or can throw possible numbers at them if the interest is there.  

*  I assume everyone is still keen on returning to Walwa next year.

2Back to top Go down   Southern Ride '23 Empty Re: Southern Ride '23 Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:53 pm

Matthew-Brisbane

Matthew-Brisbane
Life time member
Life time member
Im in if it workout with the southern ride

2004 F650 GS known as DACK-DACK

#### K100 RS Project 
2011 R1200 GS known as Big Blue 

3Back to top Go down   Southern Ride '23 Empty Re: Southern Ride '23 Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:24 am

AL-58

AL-58
Life time member
Life time member
TacKler wrote:A mate forwarded an email on from the Toowoomba Branch of the HMCCQ regarding a possible run around the same time as our annual ride down south.  

After a BMW /5 meeting in Blayney this year they are after interest for an BMW Earles Fork meeting in the Junee/Henty/Coolamon area in the Riverina area in March '23 which is open to all BMW riders.  

As we have previously attended the Gympie mob's rally, I though I would throw this out there to see if anyone is interested in attending.  I'm not suggesting a combined ride but we could make our ride to Walwa* before or after theirs.  

I have contact details if interested or can throw possible numbers at them if the interest is there.  

*  I assume everyone is still keen on returning to Walwa next year.
The Earles Fork Rally is being run if enough interest by Henning Jorgenson from BMWTCNSW, he's just been reaching out via HMCCQ.  I have no further info at this stage, but have no interest myself in /5s or Earles fork bikes. However I am in the communications loop.  I'd be interested in the K Komponent though.

Al

+ another boxer engined motorcycle and sidecar

"When I'm too old and too foolish to handle a sidecar I'll buy a Sportsbike"

Southern Ride '23 K-dogs10

4Back to top Go down   Southern Ride '23 Empty Re: Southern Ride '23 Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:24 am

TacKler

TacKler
Life time member
Life time member
Thanks Al,  

Henning is the author of the email which was passed to me.

5Back to top Go down   Southern Ride '23 Empty Re: Southern Ride '23 Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:40 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Yeah I reckon I'd be in that, Walwa or similar.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

6Back to top Go down   Southern Ride '23 Empty Re: Southern Ride '23 Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:13 pm

Gaz

Gaz
Life time member
Life time member
Sounds like a trip that would be worth taking. I reckon I'd be along.

Cheers

7Back to top Go down   Southern Ride '23 Empty Re: Southern Ride '23 Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:14 am

indian036

indian036
Life time member
Life time member
Funny, but I've been pondering a Southern Ride for 2023.

I can do an organisation for Sat 4th and Sun 5th March. How would that be for people? Following weekend might be possible, but I might have to endure some flak for being away on my wife's birthday. Could possibly be weathered depending on the birthday present. Wink 

NSW state Election is March 25th, which may affect what I can do.

Re Walwa as a venue, the pub was on the market earlier this year. If that's the consensus I'll need to check the likely situation next year re ownership and availability. I was also pondering alternatives, without having got very far into that process.

Guidance from the Krew is welcome.

Bill

1984 K100RT  VIN 0023022  Work needing lots of progress

1986 K100RT  VIN 0090542  Work needing lots and lots of progress
1993 K1100LT  VIN 0183046  Work in progress
1993 K75S  VIN 0213045  Tom the Triple (now on Historic rego too.)

8Back to top Go down   Southern Ride '23 Empty Southern-ride-23 Wed Oct 12, 2022 1:02 am

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
I'm in as long as it is not the 19th March, this is a  big birthday for my other half so musn't screw this one up.

Walwa sounds great, although I will have to enlarge my sidestand footpad before I attempt that carpark with my little Honda.
Could be tempted to take the RT but will see how the muscles are working.

I must say that the last trip was one of the nicest runs I have had with you lot, so bring it on.
Hello Bill by the way
RT

9Back to top Go down   Southern Ride '23 Empty Re: Southern Ride '23 Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:20 am

TacKler

TacKler
Life time member
Life time member
The first weekend in March will work for me as I have to be back home for the 14th.  I have booked in some rennos* to start at Haus TacKler.  

* no motorcycles with be harmed during this process and are actually beneficial for them.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum