BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   New member Empty New member Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:03 pm

Photothewild

Photothewild
I bought my first motorcycle in July, a 1985 k100rt. I got it cheap from a guy who couldn't tell me if it ran or not. So being how I am, I decided this challenge to be a great way to start my motorcycle journey. With basic knowledge of how engines work and help from this forum, I finally got it to start and  was able to ride it a short bit. But it being almost 40yrs old and sitting for who knows how long, stuff continues to fail after something else is fixed. That being said, I've narrowed the biggest problem down to the fuel pressure regulator I believe. However I now have a bigger problem. The oem alarm system is missing from the bike, but the barrel connector is still there and at some point someone has put a jumper wire into said connector. This wasn't an issue until that jumper wire arced off of the transmission housing tripping the alarm/temp sensor immobilizer thing.
So it's a work in progress but that progress is going to slow due to the alarm issue. 

Decided to finally stop lurking in the forums and see if anyone knew how to immobilize the immobilizer.

Thanks for posting all the knowledge to the Internet for ambitious (and slightly crazy) people to fix possible questionable investments Very Happy

2Back to top Go down   New member Empty Re: New member Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:12 pm

bad boy

bad boy
Life time member
Life time member
hi Photothewild
New member 177912 here

and good luck with immobilizing the immobilizer Shocked

New member 9438-010

3Back to top Go down   New member Empty Re: New member Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:10 pm

Arlina

Arlina
Welcome Photothewild Smile

Start downloading, and lurk in the files Very Happy 
https://mega.nz/folder/myg1QLiT#LTD5zuma8Ivv8l8IzCfPBQ

4Back to top Go down   New member Empty Re: New member Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:40 am

fishboy316

fishboy316
Life time member
Life time member
Hello PTW. Welcome! Good luck with the bike.

Bill

5Back to top Go down   New member Empty Re: New member Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:00 pm

Bernie_K100

Bernie_K100
Platinum member
Platinum member
Hi,

New member 177912 to this forum!

Bernie

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum