BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Polishing wheels Empty Polishing wheels Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:25 am

Garyk100

Garyk100
Gold member
Gold member
Hope this topic is in the correct place, I want to change the look of my wheels, I want to paint the centre and the three spokes black and polish the inner and outer edge of the rim, my question to the kknowledgeable  people is will the rim polish up or is it made to be painted only, cheers Gary

2Back to top Go down   Polishing wheels Empty Re: Polishing wheels Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:02 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
any good polisher person could do the job , the only issue i forsee is the line in the casting between spokes along the inner radius of the rim  .. edges- sides no issue as they are usually squarish  to the tire  on all the 3 spoke versions 
 but chose an experienced pro , they can do that work in astounding quick times and good quality if they are using pro equipment and knowledge 

hope that helps .

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

3Back to top Go down   Polishing wheels Empty Re: Polishing wheels Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:02 am

Garyk100

Garyk100
Gold member
Gold member
Thank you Charlie

4Back to top Go down   Polishing wheels Empty Re: Polishing wheels Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:24 pm

Matthew-Brisbane

Matthew-Brisbane
Life time member
Life time member
Martin & Bruce  
just had their wheels redone on the Northsides Brisbane 

Have to admit both look really good

2004 F650 GS known as DACK-DACK

#### K100 RS Project 
2011 R1200 GS known as Big Blue 

5Back to top Go down   Polishing wheels Empty Re: Polishing wheels Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:37 am

Garyk100

Garyk100
Gold member
Gold member
I read all of the process yes the wheels came up very nice, my wheels were white when I bought it in 98’. Will try a different option black with the polished bit, cheers Gary

1991 K100rs16v

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum