BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Removing battery covers Empty Removing battery covers Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:41 pm

Richard1

Silver member
Silver member
Since I am new to this bike (1985 K100RT)you good folks have helped me very much. I must repair (refasten) the battery covers. How do they come off. I don't want to just pull on them for fear of breaking them.
Crazy frog is usually good with instructions and diagrams but anyone can offer advice.

2Back to top Go down   Removing battery covers Empty Re: Removing battery covers Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:38 pm

club_c

club_c
Life time member
Life time member
good to ask that question, since they are somewhat fragile. At either end of the cover you can gently pull back until a 'nib' attached to the cover pops out of a grommet (one at the tank, one at the other end. That's 1/2 the job. There is a tab in the middle of the cover still that needs release. You now slowly slide the cover back towards the taillight to pull it off a 'hook' on the frame for lack of a better term. You'll know when it comes off it will be very evident. Most of those battery covers have those tabs broken off long ago by someone who didn't ask first.

3Back to top Go down   Removing battery covers Empty Re: Removing battery covers Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:25 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
its a little tricky richard ...just dont try to lift the tank till you get the side covers off .......both of them ....giggle ... do i look redfaced ????

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum