BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Wanted blinker relay unit for a K75C Empty Wanted blinker relay unit for a K75C Tue May 16, 2023 12:29 am

Rockman

Life time member
Life time member
They are probably all the same for the K75 & K100. Mine is either slow, or not at all..

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
i have one similar , slow on right hand side only .

let me work on it , possibly fix it soon ....if nothing comes up Phil .

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
Don't forget to give him some blinker fluid to go with it.

1978 Moto Guzzi 850-T3, 1979 Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California,1993 Moto Guzzi 1100ie California
2020 Royal Enfield Bullet 500

robmack

robmack
Life time member
Life time member
Rockman wrote:They are probably all the same for the K75 & K100. Mine is either slow, or not at all..
Have you swapped the regular incandescent bulbs in the signals for LEDs? What wattage bulbs are you using if you are using incandescents?

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
Dai wrote:Don't forget to give him some blinker fluid to go with it.
Razz

Rob  , i would be thinking phil is using all standard equipment.

Cheers

'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

Rockman

Life time member
Life time member
Yes all standard. Checked bulb wattage etc etc. I took the cover off the blinker relay and all looks pretty good in there so I'm thinking a connection further back, or the switches on the handlebars. I have noticed that they work properly sometimes and sometimes they self cancel. TBA I think. For now I wont worry about a new relay.

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
Possible corroded switch contacts in the rhs ?

Rockman

Life time member
Life time member
charlie99 wrote:Possible corroded switch contacts in the rhs ?
Very possible, except in my case it would be both sides. I noticed yesterday that if I push the switch a bit harder it works better sometimes. When I get a chance I'll take them apart and clean the contacts.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum