BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Warning Light Empty Warning Light Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:56 pm

chrish8846

Silver member
Silver member
I have a red triangle light with a exclaimation point on my dash cluster. I assume it's a check eng light is this correct?I have a Clymer manual ordered but have not recieved it yet.

2Back to top Go down   Warning Light Empty Re: Warning Light Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:15 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Chris,

The red triangle is the bulb monitoring. Check that all your headlight, tail light and stop lights are good. A common problem is the stop light switch not working properly.
In order to have the red triangle going off, you have to apply both brakes.

3Back to top Go down   Warning Light Empty Re: Warning Light Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:08 pm

chrish8846

Silver member
Silver member
Thanks again

4Back to top Go down   Warning Light Empty Re: Warning Light Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:40 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
yay

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

5Back to top Go down   Warning Light Empty Re: Warning Light Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:13 am

Richard1

Silver member
Silver member
I recently had a new set of rubber installed on my 1985 K100RT. When I got on the bike for the ride home I noticed that the red triangular light on the panel would not go out even tho I actuated both brakes. Back into the shop for a thorough check. Checked the rear switch - OK. checked all fuses - OK. Finally narrowed it down to the "bulb testing devise" in the tail light compartment. Home to my box of spare parts for the extra unit. Unplugged the unit and plugged in the replacement and ----all was good.
BYW during all the testing, when the key was turned to "on" but not to start, the speedometer would register 10/20 MPH without the bike running.
Richard1

6Back to top Go down   Warning Light Empty Re: Warning Light Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:55 am

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Richard, you found the way to ride for free!
Just a 'stupid' question:
Would your bike has been parked near an electric motor or something unshielded generating a frequency of the range needed to move the speedo to 10/20MPH?
Maybe a neon light?

This is the only idea that I have for now. As noted on previous posts, when you put a soldering iron close to the speedo sensor, it will start to move the needle.

7Back to top Go down   Warning Light Empty Re: Warning Light Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:28 pm

Richard1

Silver member
Silver member
No, it was in the dealers shop on the lift. When we changed the "Bulb Test Device" the fluctuating of the speedo stopped and all was right.
Perhaps some sort of feed back when the Bulb Device didn't work properly. Beats me but it's OK now.
Thanks for the concern and suggestions.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum