BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   RT Fairing engine mount brackets Empty RT Fairing engine mount brackets Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:54 pm

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
That s a mouth full. I cannot seem to find these angled brackets on parts sites. The main brackets holding the top half of the fairing onto the engine block. Both mine broke off at the bent bit within weeks. I'd like new ones if possible but Munich Motorcycles or Motobins don't list them.
Anyone had this problem Please?
RT

2Back to top Go down   RT Fairing engine mount brackets Empty Re: RT Fairing engine mount brackets Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:03 pm

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Can you post a picture of the microfiche so we can see the part?

I have a hunch you may have to go to BMW ($$$$$$) or get them made yourself.

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

3Back to top Go down   RT Fairing engine mount brackets Empty Re: RT Fairing engine mount brackets Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:46 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Is that what you are looking for?
This is a well known problem on the RT. They are braking off with the vibrations.

RT Fairing engine mount brackets Fairin10

4Back to top Go down   RT Fairing engine mount brackets Empty Re: RT Fairing engine mount brackets Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:06 pm

elle

elle
Silver member
Silver member
try
http://www.motorworks.co.uk/

got some secondhand for pricely sum of £1 each!

do post abroad , did offer me new but cant remember price quoted but seeing as they live behind fairing didnt see point. Also if youve got a mate with a welder easy to repair.
pete

5Back to top Go down   RT Fairing engine mount brackets Empty Re: RT Fairing engine mount brackets Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:06 am

Cablebeacher

Silver member
Silver member
HI RT

I think I have a spare set of thess brackets. I am in the middle of a shed cleanup and garage sale at the moment but I will try to get to the spares box later this afternoon...

Regards

mal

6Back to top Go down   RT Fairing engine mount brackets Empty Re: RT Fairing engine mount brackets Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:08 am

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Tks everyone it is part number 1 on Crazy Frogs diagram, the upper bracket.
I'm trying to get a mate to weld them but have a suspicion that it's an ongoing thing. I already replaced them from my other spares bike but now both broken. Can I ask Bert where that diagram comes from I cannot make out the proper part numbers earlier than number 8.
I'm off tomorrow on a trip, covered in cable ties.

7Back to top Go down   RT Fairing engine mount brackets Empty Re: RT Fairing engine mount brackets Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:15 am

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
This comes from a dealer CD.
Here are the numbers:

RT Fairing engine mount brackets Fairin11

8Back to top Go down   RT Fairing engine mount brackets Empty Re: RT Fairing engine mount brackets Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:30 am

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Arty (RT...geddit??? oh c'mon!)

Have a look here for the parts fiche.

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

9Back to top Go down   RT Fairing engine mount brackets Empty Re: RT Fairing engine mount brackets Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:05 pm

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Too good boys tks if I make it back today I'll get right on it. Have a packet of cable ties on hand just in case.
Ta Blakey I get it, just hope you get it soon.
RT

10Back to top Go down   RT Fairing engine mount brackets Empty RT Fairing engine mount brackets Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:16 am

Dennis

Dennis
Platinum member
Platinum member
RT, check when you re-assemble, that the steel bracket is properly isolated by the rubber bushings. An old guy pulled me up a couple of years back when I was at a servo filling up, he looked at my ('88RT) fairing brackets and said they were the "upgraded ones".
He said the early ones were different and copped vibration, causing them to break along the bend line, seemed to know all about it,...... then he was gone. Who was that man !!

11Back to top Go down   RT Fairing engine mount brackets Empty Re: RT Fairing engine mount brackets Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:45 am

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Hmmmm might have a point, I might put some rubber between the engine block end and the bracket. The left hand fitment to the block is a doosy. I wonder which small handed Black Forest elvish story teller came up with the placement for the bottom bolt. Maybe it was ET. The cable ties worked a treat.
RT

12Back to top Go down   RT Fairing engine mount brackets Empty Re: RT Fairing engine mount brackets Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:36 am

Cablebeacher

Silver member
Silver member
Hi RT

Sorry for the delay in finding the spares in the shed.

I have a set of # 1 brackets and a set of #7 brackets with the rubber bushes and metal grommet sleeves for all.

Do you still require them?

Regards

Mal

13Back to top Go down   RT Fairing engine mount brackets Empty Re: RT Fairing engine mount brackets Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:52 pm

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Hi Cablebeacher
If they are spare I would like to buy them, having a little trouble here locating them Munich Cycles were no good for a change and wreckers don't speak my language ( I need to go and pick them myself).
I have managed to get my pair brazed back together and fitted but don't feel confident.
So if you don't think you will have a use for them I'd like to purchase them mate.
Not sure how we get into contact I'll have a look and see if my email is on my profile
Cheers
RT

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum