BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Gyuszi's '91 bike, US modell Empty Gyuszi's '91 bike, US modell Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:35 pm

mega2

Gyuszi's '91 bike, US modell Kap_0411

2Back to top Go down   Gyuszi's '91 bike, US modell Empty Re: Gyuszi's '91 bike, US modell Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:52 am

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Very nice a real credit to it's owner!
Regards,
K-BIKE

3Back to top Go down   Gyuszi's '91 bike, US modell Empty Re: Gyuszi's '91 bike, US modell Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:18 pm

mega2

thanks!
next time I'll do more pictures!

4Back to top Go down   Gyuszi's '91 bike, US modell Empty Re: Gyuszi's '91 bike, US modell Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:31 pm

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
Very Nice!

OG

5Back to top Go down   Gyuszi's '91 bike, US modell Empty Re: Gyuszi's '91 bike, US modell Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:32 pm

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
How do you like the mirror extensions? Are you able to see more than just your elbows without moving around?
Thanks!
OG

6Back to top Go down   Gyuszi's '91 bike, US modell Empty Re: Gyuszi's '91 bike, US modell Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:33 am

The mirror extensions work well. I retro'd them to mine. Just havta drill another hole in the fairing on earlier models like ours and Bob's your uncle! Only ₤50 for the complete kit at the 'Bins right now. See the link:

http://www.motobins.co.uk/displayfinal.php?q=500c&s=2&subs=500c&model=&bike=&title=ALL%20K\\\\\\\\\\\\

7Back to top Go down   Gyuszi's '91 bike, US modell Empty Re: Gyuszi's '91 bike, US modell Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:01 pm

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
Thanks TWB! That is a fantastic price and I got my order in this AM.
Did you use any kind of fancy bit to drill out the fairing?

OG

8Back to top Go down   Gyuszi's '91 bike, US modell Empty Re: Gyuszi's '91 bike, US modell Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:18 pm

A 6mm bit was all, but watch out because a piece of the internal metal bracketry will be in the way. I drilled through it on one side and used a wider washer to compensate. It's out of mind and not structural. I am forgetting what I used as the third fastener...I think it was a simple longish 6mm bolt with a Nyloc nut. It's an easy mod and won't take too long, perhaps an hour all up.

I still look at my elbows when riding (longer, heavier bar end weights) but the rearward view is greatly enhanced. Cheers!

9Back to top Go down   Gyuszi's '91 bike, US modell Empty Re: Gyuszi's '91 bike, US modell Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:25 pm

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
Thanks Mate! Sounds good and since the whole front end is going to be apart might as well be all in. :-)

OG

Last edited by Oldgoat on Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : update)

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum