BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   New UK Member Empty New UK Member Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:54 am

twincarb

twincarb
Life time member
Life time member
Hi,

Thought i would take 5 mins to introduce myself having just joined the site and having just got myself a K100 for commutint to work (70miles each way)
At the moment the bike has covered 71000 miles and has been sprayed a matt grey colour... perfect for being hidden from other vehicles! So the plan is to strip the bike down give it a full service, add in a delay for the ABS to come on. Then have it all resprayed a red colour... I was going to go for pink with the pink panther on it, with the theme tune playing all the time over the radio... But decided that the music would drive me mad! lol!

2Back to top Go down   New UK Member Empty Re: New UK Member Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:24 am

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Welcome twincarb.

Us folk here enjoy before, during and after photos when it come to a bike being "refurbished".

Bonus points to you because you are painting your bike red!

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

3Back to top Go down   New UK Member Empty Re: New UK Member Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:58 am

twincarb

twincarb
Life time member
Life time member
lol thanks for the Bonus points the blakey Wink ....

I plan on taking lots of photo's of the strip and rebuild, I am lucky that i have access to a very large space to do the strip and rebuild due to where i work... Was thinking about having all the parts laid out on the ground and taking a overhead photo of a totally stripped machine cleaned repainted and ready to be put back together...

Where is it best to post photo's? In the gallery or start a thread and flood it in there?

New UK Member 169042New UK Member 169034

4Back to top Go down   New UK Member Empty Re: New UK Member Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:24 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Welcome twincarb

Twincarb.... What is that? We all have fuel injection.
An hour ago, I was just looking at my neighbor's new Triumph Bonneville T100 and told him that it was a shame to have carbs on a new bike. WRONG! The carbs are fake and the bike is fuel injected.

Welcome to the forum.

Please start a new thread and flood it with pictures.
By the way painting a bike red doesn't give you any bonus point.

We will soon let a bull go after Blakey's red bike and see who has the fastest acceleration. (We may lose one member and gain a pet (the bull))

Cheers

CF

5Back to top Go down   New UK Member Empty Re: New UK Member Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:25 pm

twincarb

twincarb
Life time member
Life time member
lol my nick comes from my surname... i was allways asked if it was the same as the carb. To there dissapointment it isnt, the other option I had was to call my self BBQ after the german BBQ maker.... think it's best to stick with Twincarb for now Very Happy

My other bike is a 11 year old yam which has carbs... most of the oil heads in work were surprised when they realised a 23 year old bike was fuel injected and had abs!

Mind you the word choke threw me when i first saw it on the bike... I have now been educated to it's use now!

I will say wouldnt mind going to see the bull being released against Blakey on a standing 1/4 mile.... any excuse to escape the UK....

6Back to top Go down   New UK Member Empty Re: New UK Member Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:54 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
New UK Member 44271

welcome aboard twincarb .....likes a guy with a good sence of humor .......even if it is at our old mate blakey

7Back to top Go down   New UK Member Empty Re: New UK Member Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:22 am

twincarb

twincarb
Life time member
Life time member
Thanks.... my sense of humour is going to get me in trouble i think mind. Just about to start a thread for my rebuild.... starting off with with the space where it is all going to unveil.
Am a bit annoyed i not got the bike with me at the moment, as i was heading to work yesterday evening, did a quick check on the yam and found a nail in my tyre Sad
Need to get the trailer from work and pick the K up from my m8s so i can start to ride it to get a good feel for it!

8Back to top Go down   New UK Member Empty Re: New UK Member Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:59 am

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Welcome on board twincarb.
Regards,
K-BIKE

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum