BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   New Zealand Empty New Zealand Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:50 am

pjjms

Silver member
Silver member
Hi to all. Just picked up an 85 rt. 20,000km although a bit scruffy but seems to run and ride well. This forum looks great and has already helped resolve the battery light glowing dimly at low revs. I'm sure joining is going to be a big help and hope that in time I can make some contribution towards helping others as well.

Peter

2Back to top Go down   New Zealand Empty Re: New Zealand Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:59 am

Comberjohn

Comberjohn
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome aboard, Peter.

http://www.johnsdrivingschool.co

3Back to top Go down   New Zealand Empty Re: New Zealand Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:38 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
hiya pete.....welcome mate

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

4Back to top Go down   New Zealand Empty Re: New Zealand Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:11 pm

BIG D

BIG D
Life time member
Life time member
Cool

Hi Pete, welcome to the forum.

BIG D

5Back to top Go down   New Zealand Empty Re: New Zealand Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:35 pm

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Hi mate, welcome
must be nice riding/driving something so new for you guys.
Cheers RT

6Back to top Go down   New Zealand Empty Re: New Zealand Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:48 am

k75c-nz

Hi there pjjms, hopefully we may meet one day, I'm down in Christchurch.
Heading up to Blenheim during Easter for the Warbirds festival at Omaka, its a great ride.
Could be a good first run for you too.
Cheers
Stephen.

7Back to top Go down   New Zealand Empty Re: New Zealand Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:06 am

pjjms

Silver member
Silver member
Thanks for the welcomes guys.
Had the chance to put 50km on the bike after work today. Seems to go very well and everything works. I will spend a bit of time checking it over and doing a service tomorrow. Always like to do that so I know were its at. Anything I should be looking out for while I have the fairing off?

Peter

8Back to top Go down   New Zealand Empty Re: New Zealand Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:35 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
pete check the rubbers stuff around the intake plenum....looking for anything perished (there are lots of threads about the intakes ) ..including fuel lines from the tank to the fuel rail just above the head ...also the breather tube (at the back of the throttle bodies)....rubber pipes on the cooling system ...also check or clean any of the electrical connections down there ( deoxit, a cleaning compound comes highly recomended )

would also be worth checking the fan and other things around the radiator area ....

i know a new bike is fun to survey ,

take out the air filter and check /blow out ...or replace it and clean the electrical connectons to the air flow mechanism in the airbox .
our babies are old and in need of some tlc ...and its always a good ploy to be on top of the things that many choose to ignore till they break

last suggeston i would make... is to run your hand or finger along the rubbers inside the tank to see if you have any disolved rubber in there looking for flakes / trace of rubber comming away with your finger after you touch the rubber hoses .
injector seals may be old and having the lower fairing removed will allow you access

otherwise ....have fun ...always good to see other "k" owners joining up

9Back to top Go down   New Zealand Empty Re: New Zealand Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:11 pm

club_c

club_c
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome Pete. Hey, how did you resolve the minor glowing of the battery light? I didn't even know mine was doing that until I rode in the dark one night.

10Back to top Go down   New Zealand Empty Re: New Zealand Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:02 am

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Peter,
Welcome from Auckland to the forum. I picked up my bike from Nelson when I bought it and rode it back up to Auckland which was a smooth ride.
Regards,
K-BIKE

11Back to top Go down   New Zealand Empty Re: New Zealand Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:30 am

pjjms

Silver member
Silver member
Cluc_c,
The is a BMW service bulletin on the battery light which resolves it by adding a diaode in the charge circuit. I had not noticed it on the test ride but picked the bike up at night so it showed up then. I didn't bother adding a diaode but info on this site confirmed there was no problem with the charging system.

Peter

12Back to top Go down   New Zealand Empty Re: New Zealand Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:02 am

pjjms

Silver member
Silver member
How do I liven up access to the downloads section?

13Back to top Go down   New Zealand Empty hows the K going Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:00 am

mawhera

mawhera
Gold member
Gold member
R u near Welly, keen on a group ride sometime. rik

14Back to top Go down   New Zealand Empty hows the K going Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:02 am

mawhera

mawhera
Gold member
Gold member
R u near Welly, keen on a group ride sometime. rik

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum