Krazy_Kev

All s well

Last edited by Krazy_Kev on Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:42 am; edited 1 time in total

2Back to top Go down   Indicators Empty Re: Indicators Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:15 am

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Kev,
Can I suggest that you go through all of the connections and clean them all so as to get good connections throughout. I would treat them with Caig Deoxit and finish up with Pro Gold both of which which you can read about on Caig.com I would not treat them with dielectric grease. I did every electrical connection on the bike that way. Next thing is pull the relay and gently open it up and look very carefully for dry solder joints, that is the most likely cause of a heat related non working problem.
Regards,
K-BIKE

3Back to top Go down   Indicators Empty Re: Indicators Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:24 pm

Krazy_Kev

Thanks mate I intend to start pulling bits off on the weekend and checking all connectors. I will order some gear from Caig but are there any suggestions for something I can get at local Auto shop (bearing in mind that I am in Aus) that I can use in the interim, I ride my bike every day to work so I will need to put it all back together by Monday.

4Back to top Go down   Indicators Empty Re: Indicators Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:25 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Kev,
Jaycar sell Deoxit, it is where I got mine from, they do the pens which I bought but the bottles are better value (bought those too). The mini aerosols are not good value as they get used up tooo quickly for my taste. If you buy just one of the above get the kit with the liquid in two little bottles one red one gold. Whip the relay our and have a look for poor connections in the solder around the components on the pc board. That is a huge problem on Volvos with many of the relays particularly on the fuel injection relay, but I digress. The fact it is OK cold and is a hot phenomenon only says to me it is a problem with something warming up and expanding and breaking contact.

5Back to top Go down   Indicators Empty Re: Indicators Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:14 pm

Admin

Admin
admin
admin
Kev,

I would try to switch the flashers to check the harness first.
plug the left on the right side (just temporary to test the circuit).
Your problem is likely an electronic one but it could also come from the harness or the switch on the left side. Try to remove the switch from your handle bar and short the flasher switch to see if it's working.

http://k100rt.aforumfree.com

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum