BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   First BMW for an old rider Empty First BMW for an old rider Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:21 pm

Voyager Al

Hi, Voyager Al from Pittsburgh, Pa, USA. Been up on 2 wheels since 1972, and just traded a Honda ST-1100 for a 85 K100 base. It has BMW sidebags and a small BMW tourpak, and a windshield, a far cry from my GoldWings i have owned. I mostly commute to work on it, (if it ever stops raining). I will have to post a few questions, like why is the neutral light ALWAYS on. Also the gear indicator doesnt work, at all. Great bike, so far. I am painting some parts today, as it had been dropped before I got it. Be seein ya! AL

2Back to top Go down   First BMW for an old rider Empty Re: First BMW for an old rider Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:24 pm

chrish8846

Silver member
Silver member
Welcome , you will have a blast with the bike, ask away because there is a lot of info and very informed k bike riders on this forum.

3Back to top Go down   First BMW for an old rider Empty Re: First BMW for an old rider Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:12 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Welcome Al.

Your problem with the neutral light is most certainly related to the Transmission Gear Positioning switch. If the bike is apart for painting, it would be the perfect time to look at this problem. The TGP is loacated on the gear box but you have to remove the swing arm in order to access it.Check this page. About 3/4 down you will find a small write up and few pictures about the problem.

Bert

4Back to top Go down   First BMW for an old rider Empty Re: First BMW for an old rider Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:55 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
hey al welcome aboard ......

i find it easy not to compare the k to any of my previous bikes .....there is something special about it .

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

5Back to top Go down   First BMW for an old rider Empty Re: First BMW for an old rider Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:16 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi AL,
Great to have you on board, almost certain that the switch has failed, a pig to get at but not a show stopper.
Regards,
K-BIKE

6Back to top Go down   First BMW for an old rider Empty Re: First BMW for an old rider Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:47 am

BIG D

BIG D
Life time member
Life time member
Cool

Hi Al, welcome to the forum follow the above advise, I did and it cured mine.

BIG D

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum