BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Hello from Canada Empty Hello from Canada Tue May 03, 2011 11:05 pm

Gaxi

Hi guys my mane its Maxi Grinman I live in thornhill Ontario i just buy a 85 k100 rt I hope I can get some help from you all.

Thanks in advance Wink Wink Wink

Maxi

2Back to top Go down   Hello from Canada Empty Re: Hello from Canada Tue May 03, 2011 11:35 pm

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Welcome Maxi!

Hopefully you'll find what you need here.

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

3Back to top Go down   Hello from Canada Empty Re: Hello from Canada Wed May 04, 2011 12:07 am

Gaxi

Thanks I just put the bike into the garage dosent start the bike have 20.000 miles on it , i try to start it but i dont hear the fuel pump even with the gas cup open hopefully that its the only issue with the bike,i will change all the fluids gas and plugs before i put it on the road, i am so happy with this bike i cant wait to drive it.

Maxi

4Back to top Go down   Hello from Canada Empty Re: Hello from Canada Wed May 04, 2011 1:09 am

BigBob

Silver member
Silver member
welcome to the forum. These guys are great. I'm new also.

http://www.dreyfusashby.com

5Back to top Go down   Hello from Canada Empty Re: Hello from Canada Wed May 04, 2011 1:21 am

club_c

club_c
Life time member
Life time member
Hi Maxi. Check the electrical plug on the left side of the tank, wiggle it, pull it on and off a couple of times. Known for a bad connection. If it's been sitting a while the pump may be seized. There is a tutorial here somewhere on how to take it apart and repair.

6Back to top Go down   Hello from Canada Empty Re: Hello from Canada Wed May 04, 2011 9:47 am

Comberjohn

Comberjohn
Life time member
Life time member
Hi gaxi. Welcome to the forum.
I agree with club c but before you start to pull pumps to bits I just wanted to clarify something.
You won't hear the pump until after you press the starter when it should run for a few seconds, unless it starts of course.
New owners sometimes expect to hear the pump pressurising as soon as the ignition is switched on.
I believe the later 16v K's do this.
Just wanted to check. Plenty of help on the forum.

http://www.johnsdrivingschool.co

7Back to top Go down   Hello from Canada Empty Re: Hello from Canada Wed May 04, 2011 1:50 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
welcome to the forum maxi ......

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

8Back to top Go down   Hello from Canada Empty Re: Hello from Canada Wed May 04, 2011 2:38 pm

BIG D

BIG D
Life time member
Life time member
Cool

Hi Maxi welcome lots of info on this forum.

BIG D

9Back to top Go down   Hello from Canada Empty Re: Hello from Canada Wed May 04, 2011 11:28 pm

Gaxi

Ok guy i took the pump out and was stock after some LOVE ( With a hammer) the pump start to work again but when i try to make it work at the bike nada Sad i am not getting power on the 4 terminal connector in the bottom left side of the tank, any ideas.???.
By the way i pull all the ferings and plastics i will send it to paint soon, sorry about my english, i am from Argentina spanish will be better Smile

Thanks

Maxi

10Back to top Go down   Hello from Canada Empty Re: Hello from Canada Thu May 05, 2011 1:44 am

club_c

club_c
Life time member
Life time member
Side stand down? May need to be up. Is the starter turning over?

11Back to top Go down   Hello from Canada Empty Re: Hello from Canada Thu May 05, 2011 5:12 am

Comberjohn

Comberjohn
Life time member
Life time member
Remember. No power in the connector except for a few seconds after the starter is pressed.
Hope you understand what I mean.

http://www.johnsdrivingschool.co

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum