BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Remus Exhaust Empty Remus Exhaust Sun May 08, 2011 9:03 pm

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
Hey Folks,
Anyone have any experience with the Remus exhaust on the K? Specifically durability and noise.
Thanks!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-K100-RS-RT-LT-Remus-Titanium-exhaust-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem25638dff61QQitemZ160584040289QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

OG

2Back to top Go down   Remus Exhaust Empty Re: Remus Exhaust Sun May 08, 2011 9:08 pm

He doesn't say whether it's the type with the removable baffle core, which makes it louder or quieter depending on the easily swapped out core. But otherwise they're of very good quality, easily repacked, will sound far more throaty and deep than stock, and might wake it up a smidge, but only just, but it'll be light as. I sold Remus exhausts systems for several years at the shops I worked in and had them on my R1100RS, my R1150R and on my K1200S. Grab it!

3Back to top Go down   Remus Exhaust Empty Re: Remus Exhaust Sun May 08, 2011 9:09 pm

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
Thanks Mate! Very Happy

OG

4Back to top Go down   Remus Exhaust Empty Re: Remus Exhaust Sun May 08, 2011 9:12 pm

Ring the good German named Knut, the importer called Maxmoto in San Francisco and ask them how much that would cost at retail these days. If you get it for under US$400 clams you will have got yourself a great deal! No worries.

5Back to top Go down   Remus Exhaust Empty Re: Remus Exhaust Sun May 08, 2011 9:17 pm

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
Perfect. I'll get on it tomorrow morning.

6Back to top Go down   Remus Exhaust Empty Re: Remus Exhaust Sun May 08, 2011 10:35 pm

Here's an older PDF file with the part numbers and proper fit info for the exhaust for sale on eBay. Note that the part number listed on eBay is for the required 'collector' only. The Ti can is listed to the right. I wrote to the eBay seller asking him if it was the street baffle or the race baffle version. Note also that the prices in the PDF are reflected in Canadian Loonies and Toonies. I hope this helps whomever wants it. Doh! I just spotted that it's the '2103' race baffle. Count on it being loud.

http://www.anderwerks.com/docs/remus.pdf

7Back to top Go down   Remus Exhaust Empty Re: Remus Exhaust Wed May 11, 2011 7:18 am

Didya see that the Remus on eBay didn't sell and that it's been re-listed at half the price with a 'buy it now' price?

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum