BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   FRONT FORKS  Empty FRONT FORKS Sun May 22, 2011 4:21 am

archie

I trying to identify my forks K100 LT frame no 0174385 i have searched old posts + real oem no luck as drawings look slightly different , what im trying to work out is if they are origional or from a different model , i have stripped them to change seals + swap springs for progressive , the forks legs are marked as 87` brembo 1.450.520 + 1 piece mud guard if not origional im stuck as oil level regards archie

2Back to top Go down   FRONT FORKS  Empty Re: FRONT FORKS Sun May 22, 2011 7:19 am

IPJ100

IPJ100
Silver member
Silver member
Hi Archie.

I have seen some posts for info on the fork oil on this forum. I recenetly changed a seal on mine 84 B reg and was looking to find quantity and viscosity for replacement. seems many people have tried several quantities and different oils, I currently am using 10W jack oil at 360cc per leg. There is a +/- tolerance i think of 10cc anyway so I would suggest trying that from a rebuild as you can easily top it up 10 or 20 cc if it does not suit. also it may saywith the springs which oil viscosity is prefered. I think it is a bit of a minefield to perfectly identify which are original legs as some people have mixed & matched stanchions / legs / spring combinations of time that trial & error may be the best way forward to get the feel you want. I hope this helps..
Ian

3Back to top Go down   FRONT FORKS  Empty Re: FRONT FORKS Sun May 22, 2011 9:46 am

ReneZ

ReneZ
Life time member
Life time member
as there were modifications to the front suspension over the years try to find out what you've got. Look for markings or shape/size and report back. Original suspension has prescribed amounts of oil, after market spring often require a certain air space in the fork.

Rene

BMW K100 - 1985 (0030029) Scotland FRONT FORKS  Rain
BMW K1200GT - 2003 (ZK01223) Florida
BMW K1200GT - 2004 (ZK27240) Australia

4Back to top Go down   FRONT FORKS  Empty Re: FRONT FORKS Thu May 26, 2011 7:14 am

archie

Hi guys thanks for yor replys , waiting for new springs , still have not identifed forks i dont think they have ever been apart or changed as every thing else fits & looks stock - mud guard fork brace calipers , going to try 170 mm air gap ( As Hagon site recomends for their progressive springs ) using 5w ATF to start . regards archie

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum