BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Next project Empty Next project Mon May 30, 2011 8:49 am

chrish8846

Silver member
Silver member
This was spray painted black all over, FYI brake fluid makes poorly applied spray paint almost jump off.Tank and seat and cowl just sitting on bike for photos.
Next project Img_0331
Next project Img_0332

2Back to top Go down   Next project Empty Re: Next project Mon May 30, 2011 10:49 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
this is something you just bought chris ?

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

3Back to top Go down   Next project Empty Re: Next project Mon May 30, 2011 11:08 am

chrish8846

Silver member
Silver member
No Charlie, it's one of the bikes I bought some time ago for 400.00 each, both were mostly disassembled with all kinds of parts in boxes. The prior owner had been hit on the K75 in the rh saddle bag and had tweeked the frame slightly and he had bought the K100(already taken apart by someone else) to swap his stuff over to. He was living in a apt complex and I guess the project got overwhelming. I did get it running right after I bought it and it runs fine, no funny noises but I wanted to get the K100 done first and that took more time and money than I thought it would(surprise!)

4Back to top Go down   Next project Empty Re: Next project Mon May 30, 2011 11:41 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
oh? cool chris...... nice bargan huh ?

know what you mean about the costs ...and time ...but sometimes its all worthwhile when you get to ride on a smooth machine.

good luck with this one ....cheers

'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

5Back to top Go down   Next project Empty Re: Next project Mon May 30, 2011 12:22 pm

BIG D

BIG D
Life time member
Life time member
Cool

Something to get your teeth into there Chris, at least you have an idea of the magnitude of the job. Best of luck mate.

BIG D

6Back to top Go down   Next project Empty Re: Next project Mon May 30, 2011 2:42 pm

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
Wow, I admire your ambition Chris! Shocked Really looking forward to see you tackling this project and sharing the results!!

OG

7Back to top Go down   Next project Empty Re: Next project Tue May 31, 2011 9:59 am

chrish8846

Silver member
Silver member
Since I figured out how to post pic's I'll keep you guys updated on this project, as of now things will have to wait about a week until the next check comes in from Uncle Sam. I'm trying to stay retired and not have to work even part time much to my wifes dismay. I figured 43 years was enough working in the car business with lots of no weekends off during that time.

8Back to top Go down   Next project Empty Re: Next project Tue May 31, 2011 12:55 pm

chrish8846

Silver member
Silver member
I had a go at fixing the rear frame section, after applying blunt force and some pry bar muscle it seems to have turned out ok, the repaired photo may look a little off due to the camera angle but in person it's pretty much spot on, you can't tell anything with the cowl on.
Next project Img_0337
Next project Img_0338
Next project Img_0339Next project Img_0340

9Back to top Go down   Next project Empty Re: Next project Tue May 31, 2011 1:33 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
nice work ......magic even ..

10Back to top Go down   Next project Empty Re: Next project Tue May 31, 2011 3:39 pm

chrish8846

Silver member
Silver member
Thanks, I'll touch it up with spray paint and it will look good as new.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum