BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   NIVOMAT unit Empty NIVOMAT unit Wed 15 Jun 2011, 01:09

studebaker8

Hello from New Zealand
Has anybody experienced the above named unit exploding and spraying the oil over the rear tyre.
Bike has done 35000 k.
Hang on I thought
Removing the offending item showed that a section of the outer casing had peeled about 50mm square section

WHY

Danny

2Back to top Go down   NIVOMAT unit Empty Re: NIVOMAT unit Wed 15 Jun 2011, 22:24

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Danny,
I have not heard of that happening but with all high pressure units anything can happen. Any sign of rust on the place where the burst occurred? Wouldn't expect rust here as they don't put salt on the roads as far as I know.
Regards,
K-BIKE

3Back to top Go down   NIVOMAT unit Empty Re: NIVOMAT unit Thu 16 Jun 2011, 00:00

studebaker8

No sign of rust and happened in the area where casing joins the rubber boot. Peeled back an area approx. 50mm by 50mm.Looks like a bladder behind.
Have fitted a new IKON shock and feels good.
Back to rust question does Japan use salt
Regards
Danny

4Back to top Go down   NIVOMAT unit Empty Re: NIVOMAT unit Fri 17 Jun 2011, 13:33

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Someone else will comment about Japan but the UK used to when we lived there when we came here 23 years ago I saw cars I hadn't seen for years because of corrosion from salt in the winter there. Eastern US is like that too. IKON shocks are good they are the old KONI but now made in Aus I believe.
Regards,
K-BIKE

5Back to top Go down   NIVOMAT unit Empty Re: NIVOMAT unit Fri 17 Jun 2011, 17:09

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
IKON bought all the patents and manufacturing gear from KONI but now have started to make them with their own slant on good.
The cheep ones they make are exactly that and will not last but the more expensive ones are good and work well but I have seen two failures that were replaced under warranty.

6Back to top Go down   NIVOMAT unit Empty Re: NIVOMAT unit Sat 18 Jun 2011, 15:33

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
That's a useful tip K Freak, appreciate your posting it.
Regards,
K-BIKE

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum