BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   1986 Seat bracket Empty 1986 Seat bracket Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:37 am

Haysie

Hi,

Definitely a newbie to all this as I just bought a 1986 K100RT on the weekend. Apart from a few things that need to be fixed on the bike, the previous owner took it upon himself to secure the seat in a very secure strange way. It took me a while to work it out but I finally got it. Anyway what I need is some pictures of the bracket system that holds the seat on. If anyone can take some colour pics and forward them to my email haysie1@optusnet.com.au it would be greatly appreciated.
Loved the restoration of your bike Bert, gives a great indication of how the bike is put together. While on the subject I noticed that you mentioned the bearing on the alternator drive. My bike makes a strange sound when revving the engine from idle, sounds like it is skipping a few teeth on a cog. Sounds like it is coming from the rear of the engine. Any ideas.
Great forum, by the way.

Regards

Steve

2Back to top Go down   1986 Seat bracket Empty Re: 1986 Seat bracket Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:41 am

phil_mars

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Steve and while this is not exactly what you asked for this at least will give you an idea of the fittings under the seat and if you need the parts Munich Motorcycles is probably not a bad place to look so try this link: Munich Motorcyles Seat Parts

For secondhand parts there are a few options most in the US or UK but you will find a wealth of information available on the net in general and this forum is growing rapidly and certainly the best I have visited so there is bound to be someone here who can help or at least point you in the right direction.

Regards

Phil

Last edited by phil_mars on Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:47 pm; edited 2 times in total

3Back to top Go down   1986 Seat bracket Empty Re: 1986 Seat bracket Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:38 am

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
I will take pictures later, but for now here are the parts need to attach the seat.
There is 2 differents types of hinges (regular seat or comfort seat). The first image is the hardware for a regular seat.
Click on the thumbnail to see a bigger picture.

Bert

1986 Seat bracket Seat110 1986 Seat bracket Seat210

4Back to top Go down   1986 Seat bracket Empty Re: 1986 Seat bracket Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:20 pm

Haysie

Thanks for all your assistance. I checked on the RealOEM website and when i put the last 8 digits of the chassis number the bike is listed as an April 1985 model, which I understand has a different seating arrangement. I've had a look at the diagrams from this site and have e bit of an idea of what to look for now. I need a whole replacement for under the seat! including the lock mechanism. Thanks again for your help.

5Back to top Go down   1986 Seat bracket Empty Re: 1986 Seat bracket Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:52 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi All,
Just to add to the confusion there is often a third seat type which slides on and clips in place. That seat is designed to have a lower seat position for people who are having difficulty getting their toes down when sitting on the standard seat.
Regards,
K-BIKE

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum