BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

danielleforbeowulf

Hi, I've just been across Canada, from Vancouver. The bike started idling really roughly through the prairies. In Winnipeg I went to the BMW dealership, the mechanic there said that there is an air leak at the manifold, that the rubber seal is worn out. He told me I could ride it like this to Montreal without damaging the engine.

I arrived in Ottawa yesterday and the idling is worse and worse, the bike sounds terrible. I am planning to get to Montreal today or tomorrow and I need to take the bike to a shop.

Anyone knows a shoppe or a mechanic that could help me with that issue in Montreal or surrounding areas?

I also have front end issues that have been getting progressively worse. I had the steering head bearing replaced, but still had some wobble and that wobble is getting worse. Everyone who checked my front end, forks say it's all good.

I still need to ride to Nashville, then California from Montreal, I need to get my bike repaired!

any help is appreciated

Danielle

http://www.daniellehebert.com

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Danielle,
I will let our Canadian colleagues answer about good bike shops but the check to determine if it is an air leak is staightforward and they can do that for you at any decent garage because bottom line is our BMW's are a two wheeled car, absolutely normal car engine, injection and electronics. The wobble could be the tyre wearing oddly that can cause wobble are your tyre pressures right?
Regards,
K-BIKE

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum