BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   LT Part.... Where does it fit? Empty LT Part.... Where does it fit? Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:34 pm

twincarb

twincarb
Life time member
Life time member
Having had the bike apart I have got a panel that I am not to sure where it belongs.... Can anyone shed some light please.....

LT Part.... Where does it fit? Imag0310
LT Part.... Where does it fit? Imag0311
LT Part.... Where does it fit? Imag0312

2Back to top Go down   LT Part.... Where does it fit? Empty Re: LT Part.... Where does it fit? Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:29 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
looks like a fairing to tank seal part twincarb i think it fits along the line of the top /main fairing ....but being honest i havent fitted mine up yet ....but i have a couple of similar looking parts ..just waiting to go on ....still a few things to do before mine go back on.

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

3Back to top Go down   LT Part.... Where does it fit? Empty Re: LT Part.... Where does it fit? Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:37 pm

twincarb

twincarb
Life time member
Life time member
That is what I thought charlie, the fairing is on my workbench at the moment and i couldn't figure it out for sure, even after trying to align them up on the bike as well......

It has no part number on it and looking at the fisches i thought it could have been part number
46632308003 or 46632308004 but i only have one and would expect there to be a pair.... unless because i have the radio i only have it on one side...

LT Part.... Where does it fit? 169042LT Part.... Where does it fit? 169034

4Back to top Go down   LT Part.... Where does it fit? Empty Re: LT Part.... Where does it fit? Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:20 am

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
twincarb wrote:would expect there to be a pair.... unless because i have the radio i only have it on one side...
Radio was standard on the LT, could be that PO did have the idea that it wasn`t needed?

Inge K.

5Back to top Go down   LT Part.... Where does it fit? Empty Re: LT Part.... Where does it fit? Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:34 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
The top is left and lower is right but the centre ?

The big hole goes over the bolt that attaches the fairing to the front mount on each side and the two front screws that attach the main fairing to the lower go through the two small holes and hold them on. Right at the front of each there is a small lug that has to go in the right place and latches over part of the radiator grill. Hope you get that

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

6Back to top Go down   LT Part.... Where does it fit? Empty Re: LT Part.... Where does it fit? Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:06 am

twincarb

twincarb
Life time member
Life time member
Thanks Charlie and K Freak, I had a look at it again this morning and it looks like it is a natural fit here on the left side of the bike, which is where the Radio fits. There isn't one for the right hand side of the bike mind, not sure if it makes much odds to not have it there? Potentially there would be a miss alignment of the fairing by the 3 or 4 mm that this puts between the two parts of the fairing hmmmm...

LT Part.... Where does it fit? Imag0313

Roll on the spring, when i will be having a my garage rebuilt! the roof won't leak onto the bikes then!

7Back to top Go down   LT Part.... Where does it fit? Empty Re: LT Part.... Where does it fit? Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:48 am

ReneZ

ReneZ
Life time member
Life time member
It's not for alignment, but for heat management. On a LT (or RT) I would want one!!!! I thought it had to go between the fairing top and lowers, but have fitted mine on top of the top fairing. Bolted the lowers through it with the three screws.

Rene

BMW K100 - 1985 (0030029) Scotland LT Part.... Where does it fit? Rain
BMW K1200GT - 2003 (ZK01223) Florida
BMW K1200GT - 2004 (ZK27240) Australia

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum