BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Bar risers on k100rs: a necessity Empty Bar risers on k100rs: a necessity Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:27 pm

SittingDuck

SittingDuck
Hi,
My buddy gave me his k100 after crossing Canada on it.
It had an airstream (?) windshield and bar risers. The bike was also lowered about an inch.
I restored it to normal ride height and removed the risers.
I hated the bike; the seat kept hurting my back...
Today, I reinstalled the risers (about 2" up an 1.5" back), and, WOW, what a difference. I can almost live with that seat now.
The only downfall is that now the windshield puts air in visor...

2Back to top Go down   Bar risers on k100rs: a necessity Empty Re: Bar risers on k100rs: a necessity Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:39 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
I don't think that by the look in your avatar the screen is not an original but the fairing top section is an RT with a high RT screen but it is definately an RS screen.

There are several options, a lower screen, go back to the RS fairing and screen or possibly the adjustable screen from a K1100 LT.

Another thought is to put bars from an RT which are higher than the RS with the risers and come back more but you would need to put longer clutch cable and throttle cable as well as Hydraulic line to the steering head centre. The electrical cables will be long enough.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
yes it looks like a rs fairing with a screen over the top of the original one /extension ....

looks to me as if there is some gap between the 2 screens ....but im guessing from the pic even though i saved it and zoomed it doesnt have enough detail ...

if there was some gap between the 2 ...could a simple piece of something compressable be wedged in that gap to seal it up for a trial ?

or post some more detailed pics .....as i havent seen this setup before ?

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

It's an Aeroflow from sunny Calithumpia.

Bar risers on k100rs: a necessity Aerofl10
http://www.aeroflowscreens.com/K1001100RS_AeroFairing.htm

Dunney

Do people think that the bike in this picture from Aeroflow has standard bars or are they higher?

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
Looks like standard bars to me.

Inge K.

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
I'd be putting a wind deflector near the top lip of the screen to throw it over your head, or just go really fast all the time
RT

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum