BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   another fuel light problem Empty another fuel light problem Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:25 am

col

col
Life time member
Life time member
does my 1991 lt have a red light only or will it have orange then red lights

2Back to top Go down   another fuel light problem Empty Re: another fuel light problem Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:31 am

The dual warning lights ended in the mid '80s. Your red low fuel light should come on when there's about 4 litres left in the tank. The slot is there for the additional idiot light but it's blank and likely the sender doesn't have that two step function in a '91 model anyway.

3Back to top Go down   another fuel light problem Empty Re: another fuel light problem Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:37 am

col

col
Life time member
Life time member
thanks for that
red light comes onoccasionly got another sender unit but cant get red light to come on while moving float arm up and down
i did this with both sender units out of tank
is there a test ican do to get red light to come on

4Back to top Go down   another fuel light problem Empty Re: another fuel light problem Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:41 am

Suss out the four pin connector that sits on the right hand side of the bike under the side cover, back end of the tank. it contains the wires that run the fuel pump, sender and the auxiliary gauges too. This is a best guess.

5Back to top Go down   another fuel light problem Empty Re: another fuel light problem Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:57 am

col

col
Life time member
Life time member
i try that tomorrow night and see if the wires are loose or broken
thanks again time for bed 330am start tomorrow

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum