BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Vacuum reading Empty Vacuum reading Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:40 pm

Can anyone tell what kind of vacuum reading I should see at idle in Hg on a k75?

2Back to top Go down   Vacuum reading Empty Re: Vacuum reading Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:24 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
vacume is vacume 8675k ...all depends on the compresssion of the motor and amount of leaks in the intake system after the throttle bodies ...there is a few post in the forum ...for balencing up the throttle bodies ....and im sure if you chase them up ...youll find your answer ....seeing that i havent done mine yet ...with a absolute meter and after the fixes required .....some one should come along soon and remind us what it is huh ?

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

3Back to top Go down   Vacuum reading Empty Re: Vacuum reading Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:59 am

ReneZ

ReneZ
Life time member
Life time member
Its not about the absolute value, its about getting them equal.

Rene

BMW K100 - 1985 (0030029) Scotland Vacuum reading Rain
BMW K1200GT - 2003 (ZK01223) Florida
BMW K1200GT - 2004 (ZK27240) Australia

4Back to top Go down   Vacuum reading Empty Re: Vacuum reading Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:24 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
exactly rene ...... i dont know or expect to know what is likely to be reference vacume reading ....dang these things have been through all sorts of a life .....and without even some basic history ...none of us could predict huh ?

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

5Back to top Go down   Vacuum reading Empty Re: Vacuum reading Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:51 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
That's one of the basic issues with owning any second hand or third hand or even more, bike or car the previous owners adjust things and add and modify.

I have done it myself many times and didn't make careful electrical diagrams so 27 years later on our Volvo I struggle to remember what I did when adding this or that.

On our K's there are a number of very inviting adjuster screws along the row of throttle bodies, each one crying out to the compulsive fiddler "Adjust me, Adjust me" so they do. They say to themselves why bother to read up, just get in and tweak, perhaps another hidden 20 horsepower will jump forth when I have "properly" adjusted them.

They never can quite get them set up right after that and eventually the bike is sold on and eventually we are standing looking at them in our garage thinking, "now I will have to go back to basics and set them up from square one but I shall do a lot of reading and questioning before diving in." Eventually we get them right and they run like they are supposed to.
Regards,
K-BIKE

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum